Ccm 404e

The Things We Ride
Mikekitts81

Ccm 404e

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Been offered a ccm 404e with 14,000 on it for the price of beer money and iam in two minds . What should i look out for and what are the bikes like . I heard there just a drz400 engine with better suspension is that true
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
GFJ1

Re: Ccm 404e

Post by GFJ1 »

There's one on ebay that sounds similar that i don't think has sold yet.

Lighter than drz with better suspension.

Has the drz e engine so higher bhp. Can leak oil from seal behind front sprocket. Easy fix with a stainless spacer.

Electrics were a weak point; around headstock and also the clocks which used to fail. Aftermarket clocks may hide true mileage.

Swingarm setup is a through shaft with nuts on either end. Keep bearings and collar greased regularly. Collars and spacers still available through haines.co.uk.

Paint on down tube at the front of frame can lift as it gets the muck off the front wheel.

Most other bits are fairly generic.

I've got one but not done much on it yet. Like the low down grunt though.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Mike...chech out the ccmmad uk forum and also the facebook page....ive tge 644ds....very helpfull and knowlegable guys...

Underated bike kito off here loves them...rode his to bulgaria etc :o

Therr is a mod fir the crap swingarm bearings....also ive gobe to a greasing point on tgd spindlr...

The wirung us crap as are connectors and the speedo too..i run a vapour on mine...they have brembo brakes too...
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

My son had one, from what I remember the side stand is crap ( it breaks) and I have seen two,others with alternative ones fitted so I guess this is a common fault, the rear subframe rattles loose, speedos are an issue and usual crap CCM finish. If it is cheap enough I would buy one otherwise a good TTR 250 is probably a better long term option.
Cheers Jak

Return to “BIKES”