Sinnis Terrain (new bike)

The Things We Ride
alanscout

Sinnis Terrain (new bike)

Post by alanscout »

Morning all,

I picked up my Terrain yesterday (I'm still on plates and have been riding a YBR 125 custom before this)

Apart from currently purring like a kitten, the biggest change for me is the gear ratios - on the YBR it wanted to get out of 1st quickly and the acceleration came in 2nd / 3rd. On the terrain, it seems to be happy in 1st up to 10-15mph, and 2nd seems quite flat by comparison to the YBR. It also sits comfortably in 3rd till mid to late 20s mph, and 4th seems to be the default for being on or near 30mph, where the YBR would prefer to be in 5th.

The leg clearance is great (800mm), but the right rear pannier catches my foot occasionally - have to get used to that and mount much closer to the tank than before. I'm going to keep the side panniers, but change the top box out for a double (the Sinnis topbox with the terrain is barely big enough for my sandwiches - 24L that can't hold a lid.)

The ride height is superb. I like to be in "cruiser" mode as this is a natural position for being able to see around me and I never got on with the crotch rockets. I couldn't get over the idea that the resting position on those was such that your head was pointing at the fuel tank. But with the Sinnis you have that good position, albeit slightly higher. Big plus for me.

Twin linked braking. I'm going to have to adjust my braking as I'm already using the back more to slow when it should be the front. Stopping power is really good, with discs front and back, and you can tell when the front kicks in on the linked braking. (which is good for a bike with this weight.)

40 miles in and loving it!
Brenhden

Re: Sinnis Terrain (new bike)

Post by Brenhden »

Sounds cool. We like photos here ;)

Never ridden with linked braking, sounds like it would be a bit strange feeling.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
alanscout

Post by alanscout »

It is, you end up very quickly dabbing the brake rather than pulling the front lever, as you know the front will apply as well. Seems good time to learn, as I can see in the wet it could be interesting to try and get used to. Will post photo's when I'm home.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Can't beat having a new machine to play on๐Ÿ‘

Look forward to seeing some pictures... Enjoy ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

alanscout wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am It is, you end up very quickly dabbing the brake rather than pulling the front lever, as you know the front will apply as well. Seems good time to learn, as I can see in the wet it could be interesting to try and get used to. Will post photo's when I'm home.
Be careful here. I have no idea exactly how it works on your bike but on my old VFR, braking with the front used all the pistons in the front caliper and one from the rear. Braking with the rear did the opposite, fully utilising the rear caliper but just one piston on front.
You will always stop faster using the front (on a paved road anyway). In an emergency situation muscle memory takes over, automatically doing what you are most used to so your brain has more time to process your options (hence that "time slowed down" feeling when you have an accident)...
so beware of getting in the habit of favouring the rear and relying on linked brakes doing the work for you. Developing good habits now could save your life one day.
Anyways, that's enough patronising advice for one day.....
Enjoy yr new bike :-)
alanscout

Post by alanscout »

Hoping this upload has worked....
Attachments
20180704_114946.jpg
20180704_114946.jpg (119.71 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
20180704_114936.jpg
20180704_114936.jpg (96.47 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
20180703_112032.jpg
20180703_112032.jpg (88.21 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Really looks the part. V nice ๐Ÿ‘
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Nice looking bike hope you enjoy
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Tink

Post by Tink »

Looks great ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
alanscout

Post by alanscout »

Getting the old (wrecked) bike back tomorrow - hoping to swap out the top box as a double shouldn't be that much more weight, and I can then store the lid on the bike :-)

Return to โ€œBIKESโ€