Post by Tink »

Bought this for a different pace of life 😎
Lexmoto Milano 125cc
IMG_20180630_153535097.jpg
IMG_20180630_153535097.jpg (126.34 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
chunky butt

Re: Bit of summer fun!!!!

Post by chunky butt »

That looks nice, only ever had a small twist and go scooter, but do like the look of these new scooters, if I was commuting would defo have one.....enjoy :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Hey cool scoot man. Hope you've got some Gucci loafers and a cappuccino machine to go with that.

I used to run around town on a Vespa ET4, which was great fun. On lottery win day I'll go and get a Vespa GTS 300 Sport - now that would be a hoot.

Lots of my fellow big sports bikers used to mock my little scoot, but it was a genuinely good laugh and great in traffic.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Looks great that. Certainly captured the vespa/lambretta style.

I know lots of people do this but is it actually safer than a motorbike to go without armour on one of these?

I was sweating buckets earlier in my jacket and Kevlar jeans...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:59 pm is it actually safer than a motorbike to go without armour on one of these?
Not really Bren. I think the shield bit ahead of your legs/knees gives people the idea that they are somehow protected, but if you get hoofed off you're still going to hurt if you're not wearing some kevlar/leather (and probably even if you are actually). I suppose the best protection is that they rarely go much over 60mph, but I know a fully protected sports biker who broke his neck at 10mph doing a U-turn when it all went tits up, so it's not only speed that determines the severity of an accident.

Despite that I always wore trainers, jeans and a light jacket on my Vespa. Nothing could quite make me ride with bare hands though, and I never do even to this day. Personally, as one who likes to ride sports bikes really fast, the scooter was the only 2-wheeled vehicle I ever rode reasonably slowly. There was something about it that made me happy to just pootle about. I'd still like a GTS300 Super Sport though, which has some real poke for a scoot.

Had a go on something called a Gilera 180 Runner once. Now that was hilarious, but it made you want to hoon about and eventually you found the limit and wished you were on a sports bike.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:59 pm Looks great that. Certainly captured the vespa/lambretta style.

I know lots of people do this but is it actually safer than a motorbike to go without armour on one of these?

I'll be wearing proper bike jacket with armour and dragging jeans with my sidi bootsπŸ‘....
Still hurts the same if you come off no matter what your riding πŸ‘πŸ‘
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Tink wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:16 pm
Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:59 pm Looks great that. Certainly captured the vespa/lambretta style.

I'll be wearing proper bike jacket with armour and dragging jeans with my sidi bootsπŸ‘....
Still hurts the same if you come off no matter what your riding πŸ‘πŸ‘
That's what I thought. However, there is a sliding scale of how much protection you are expected to wear. People on racer bikes wear bugger all and yet zoom along at 50mph running red lights and all.

I think if I had a scooter I would probably not wear all my biker clobber and try and (try to) stay at low speeds. There must be a brilliant freedom in getting somewhere and not have to get changed, just stick your Gucci gloves in your p!sspot and say Ciao a lot :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

When I had a scooter (Lambretta Li150*) i wore school uniform and (usually) a crash helmet ..... but that was almost 50 years ago! :roll:

* known as "The Heap" because it was ...... it was accepted by the "bike" boys as it was scruffy and oily, just like their Bantams, Tiger Cubs, A10s etc.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

When I commuted on an MTB I used to wear a full backprotector and MX trousers.
Mainly because I was getting fed up of being knocked off and looking like someone
had attacked me with a sander. Personally I have always fancied the idea of a scooter
and hooning around in full racing leathers. I just wouldn't ride on the road without
any protection. I would still wear gloves as well. It really is not worth it in my opinion.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

My first ever bike was a Ducati Brio 100cc. Found by my Dad in a shed. I remember being gutted because I wanted a lambretta like my mates (I had NO idea how rare it was).
Had 2 LI 150 Lambrettas after that... Until one day I had a quick go on a mates bike (a pre-LC RD250) and was astonished how easily it went round corners.
Nearly 40 yrs later have never ridden a scooter since... Although recently have been getting a bit misty eyed about my scooter boy days and nearly bought a vespa recently. Nearly :-)

Return to β€œBIKES”