New project

The Things We Ride
boboneleg

Re: New project

Post by boboneleg »

diggermanbob wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 pm
You could be right Phil , I had just taken me old mum on a train ride , cream tea on the train for her 91st birthday , it's our local line been restored and runs in view of the farm daily , I'm not a train buff but those old engines are magnificent ,
How far does it go now then Bob ? We went on it from Toddington crossroads about 18 years ago but it didn't run very far then.
one-legged adventurer
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

We got on at Toddington station it went to winchcombe then on to gotherington station then Cheltenham racecourse , changed the engine from front to back made our way back and on to Broadway , nice little trip and stops at all the stations along the way ,it took us about two and a half hours with the stops etc , got a proper buffet car serving tea and cake and bacon butties :D
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

OMG, they've extended the line a fair bit then. I wonder if my son would like to do it again now that he's 24 :?
one-legged adventurer
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Nice to see a bit of the GWR back in steam...... got to be worth a day out (particularly as we oldies get a discount ;) ).

That looks like a fun project, too..... the C15 and its derivatives take me back to schooldays!
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

hotbulb wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:07 pm Nice to see a bit of the GWR back in steam...... got to be worth a day out (particularly as we oldies get a discount ;) ).

That looks like a fun project, too..... the C15 and its derivatives take me back to schooldays!
Yes there are some advantages to getting old :D
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

hotbulb wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:07 pm Nice to see a bit of the GWR back in steam...... got to be worth a day out (particularly as we oldies get a discount ;) ).

My c15d is great, got 315,000km and uses no oil.....parfait :lol:

Return to “BIKES”