Post by Earwig »

Barftone

Re: Whats the ideal road biased adv bike for woman

Post by Barftone »

Roal Enfield Himalayan :D
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

Another advocate of the Honda CB500X here... it's peppy enough to keep up with any larger capacity bike on the highway, but nimble enough not to feel intimidating if you do take on some mild unpaved roads, or just want to rag it around on the back roads for fun. It is super economic, and ultra reliable with low/long maintenance intervals.

There is also a health aftermarket for it - both traditional luggage and touring accessories, plus the Rally-Raid wheel and suspension upgrades if you do decide you want to go off-road more seriously.

Jenny x
Carpscar

Post by Carpscar »

Oblix wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 pm
Carpscar wrote:I would suggest a BMW F700GS.
I also happen to have a mint one for sale.

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good luck with whatever you go with. Ride safe.
InsaneKitty

Post by InsaneKitty »

Being one :) I've got a Tiger 800 XRT, but any of the XR range will be the same unless you get the low version (but this suffers from every more lack of ground clearance).

Being 5' 6" I can fit on my Tiger with the seat in the lowest position with both feet flat on the floor (but again depends on her inside seam size).
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

There is no ideal bike for a woman, just like there is no ideal bike for a man.
What has a persons gender got to do with their riding ability? The best bike is the one that a person feels
confident on and capable of riding it, lifting it, manouvering it around, yet offers a little bit more
in terms of performance than the rider is capable of. This will allow them to develop themselves as a
rider. Take the person along to a showroom full of bikes let them look at them, sit on a few, wheel
them up and down and even test ride. Then the ideal bike will present itself, whether it is a Harley,
Triumph Bobber, BMW GS or a full blown KTM 1290 Adventure.
Oblix

Whats the ideal road biased adv bike for woman

Post by Oblix »

qcnr wrote:There is no ideal bike for a woman, just like there is no ideal bike for a man.
What has a persons gender got to do with their riding ability? The best bike is the one that a person feels
confident on and capable of riding it, lifting it, manouvering it around, yet offers a little bit more
in terms of performance than the rider is capable of. This will allow them to develop themselves as a
rider. Take the person along to a showroom full of bikes let them look at them, sit on a few, wheel
them up and down and even test ride. Then the ideal bike will present itself, whether it is a Harley,
Triumph Bobber, BMW GS or a full blown KTM 1290 Adventure.
Have you read the previous replies to this thread, or just trolling around looking to see where you can have an argument!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oblix

Whats the ideal road biased adv bike for woman

Post by Oblix »

Ok, so it’s taken 4 months to get all licensed up; during this time we went from showroom to showroom, looking for something that excited her eye’s.. having no license (as anyone without a license would be restricted to look and touch, but not ride), options were too many, but she knew what she did not want : any of my bikes (either too heavy or too uncomfortable).

I thought it would be good to also expose her to the biking elements (-: weather, safety, costs of accessories needless to say, a whole new world did open up and the ideas began to stream.. reduced commuting costs, quicker travel to the parasites that produced our grandchildren and more excitingly, adventures all over the world that a simple license unlocks.

The training school(1stopinstruction) was the same people that helped me get all uk-licensed up a few years back and knowing that they were suzuki enthusiasts, I had to remind her to not choose a bike whole heartedly until she’s ridden a few.

Dead-set on the honda cmx500 - not negotiable.!! soon became the nc750(it has storage space), but as soon as the first day of DAS training day began... it had to be a smooth v-twin suzuki. I made every attempt to sway the conclusion with visits to ducati, trumph and yamaha to ensure an all inclusive decision was taken but she remained commited to the vtwin , so i took her to a suzuki dealer to find her perfect match.

The vstrom 650 got the thumbs up, but the Mrs didnt like the bright suzuki yellow ... until the grandson branded it a “transformer bumblebee” , so with the biggest critics support, she pulled the trigger but now wont let me ride it until it’s run in!! Talk about by the book

She refused to give up, did a cbt twice, theory test twice, mod1 practical twice and mod2 practical also twice, each time realising the stressing was for nought!

Any v-strom leaders out there, you just got a new member of pack

Return to “BIKES”