Honda 450L

The Things We Ride
richeyroo

Re: Honda 450L

Post by richeyroo »

Interesting that the L is going for £8000. I haven't seen anything like that. All I've seen is dealers offering a free RST suit. If it was £8000 and 40hp, I'm sure there would be more interest in the bike in the UK
richeyroo

Post by richeyroo »

And ive watched too many Dakar Videos from the 80s - the epitome of cool, guys with a rucksack and a compass, riding an XT600 deep deep in the Sahara. Of course suck a bike couldn't compete nowadays in the Dakar but it's never the bike that stops you going anywhere, just the mentality
johnnyboxer

Honda 450L

Post by johnnyboxer »

richeyroo wrote:Interesting that the L is going for £8000. I haven't seen anything like that. All I've seen is dealers offering a free RST suit. If it was £8000 and 40hp, I'm sure there would be more interest in the bike in the UK
I meant in the £8k's and a similar price to the a 450 KTM 6 days in reality

Who needs 40bhp?

All the UK tests I have read said the power is fine for a trail bike which it is where it is aimed at and the bike has shed loads of torque so no need to rev it hard

More trailriders get themselves tied in knots with a pukka competition enduro bike than enough on what are pretty simple trails

As Minky proves time and again 25 bhp will get you up anything
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Very true about 25hp, my ttr with 13/52 gearing will climb most things :D but personally I would of liked 45hp from crf450, especially for that money, just gives you more options. ;)
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Dont you sometimes when no-one is looking just now and again want to be a hooligan ,hard with just 25bhp.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I see Redline are today advertising the 450L at £7999 on the road and you can have 0% finance too over 3 years (that's worth about £700 in cash terms to cover the interest)

So really all in about £7250 overall

A whopping £2250 off RRP

Just goes to show !!!

A week after the launch I was immediately offered £1000 off RRP - don't often get that with a brand new model, do you ?

I wonder where the new price will settle ?

With money we don't have

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I would suggest that once Honda UK have ‘incentivised’ their way out of current stocks that’ll be about it for that model.
Dealers won’t want to stock it if their are no manufacture deals on offer.
Honda UK must be cutting a load of cash the ‘to dealer price’ as there’s certainly not a £2000 margin in one for the dealer.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

OnHellas wrote:I would suggest that once Honda UK have ‘incentivised’ their way out of current stocks that’ll be about it for that model.
Dealers won’t want to stock it if their are no manufacture deals on offer.
Honda UK must be cutting a load of cash the ‘to dealer price’ as there’s certainly not a £2000 margin in one for the dealer.
They did it with the ATwin DCT models 2 yeas ago, 0% and nil deposit £69/month

Could be a flop this 450L

Look how many 250L and rallies they are selling in comparison - cheaper, same HP and not much less capable - with good service intervals

Think they've maybe mis judged the market with the 450L with 25 HP

With money we don't have

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I think the power, whilst very modest for a 450, is one thing. The service intervals must be putting off scores of ‘road bike’ customers used to 4000 miles plus between visits to the workshop.

Honda needed to develop a new engine for this, not use a modified competition motor.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

The bike really is not short on power riding it you would swear that it made more than 25bhp , the fueling does need sorting , Ive had to order some Talon wheels for mine as the delicate or poorly made rear DID flat spotted and the spokes worked loose , the guy who rebuilt the wheel didn't have high hopes of it lasting , as far as the oil changing goes it really isn't too much of a chore and given that it is a proper off-road bike it really could do with a proper check over every 600 miles anyway , went out on my 2016 KTM 450 last week and I missed the Honda.

Return to “BIKES”