Mmm
Just what I want
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
TomBoyNI

Re: Honda 450L

Post by TomBoyNI »

pinball1008 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm Initially it looks good, but it's still oil and filter every 600 miles or so and less than a 2 gallon tank. Damn!
Where did you get that?
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Fair bit of discussion about it already on Thumpertalk:

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/12 ... rlv=457188
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

From the description that will weigh about 70kg less than my transalp with probably the same or more power.
I'm saving already.... :D
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

TomBoyNI wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:22 am
pinball1008 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm Initially it looks good, but it's still oil and filter every 600 miles or so and less than a 2 gallon tank. Damn!
Where did you get that?
Same website as the OP https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/motorcycles/ ... -crf450l10
Not all those wandering are lost
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Well I've been through a range of emotions on this over the last day. At first I was gutted as I'm still running in my 250 Rally and I would much rather have a 450. But since then I've started to feel a lot better. From the limited info on line it seems its not the bike I thought it was. With a 600 mile oil and filter change it would mean that my upcoming 10 day trip would need 2 or 3 and that's just not something I want to do on the road side. 7.5l fuel tank is no use.

Maybe in 2020 there will be a 450 rally, but those two issues need to be addressed for me to buy one.

CRF450L Features
Lightweight, 2.0-gallon titanium fuel tank for long range.Riding time maximized by lightweight, compact LED lighting system, featuring headlight with high-intensity projection for illuminating broad area.
Rear-view mirrors.Lightweight lithium-ion battery with increased capacity compared to CRF450R, to power electrical components.
Lightweight, compact digital meter with black characters on a white liquid-crystal background is easily legible while riding.

CRF450L Engine/Drivetrain
449.7cc Unicam engine specially tailored for trail-to-trail riding.
Finger rocker arm contributes to compact layout while using dedicated design to attain off-road-specific power characteristics.
DLC surface treatment reduces friction.
Dedicated valve timing for smooth power delivery in technical riding.High crank inertia (up 12% over CRF450R) for tractable power delivery in technical terrain.
12.0:1 compression ratio.New piston with three-ring design.Wide-ratio six-speed transmission is ready for a wide variety of off-road terrain or road going.
Special clutch design enables light lever pull. Primary damper mechanism with friction springs suppresses engine torque fluctuations, ensuring smooth running.Large-capacity radiators with high heat-exchange efficiency for strong performance in demanding off-road conditions.
Electric fan and thermostat control engine temperature in brutal conditions.
ECU with dedicated settings.Noise emissions minimized via covers on the left and right crank cases.
Powerful AC generator for street-legal lighting.Air cleaner box.
Dedicated single-muffler exhaust system provides great sound while meeting emissions requirements.

CRF450L Suspension/Chassis
Aluminum twin-spar frame designed for nimble-yet-stable handling on trails.Subframe designed to ensure optimum rigidity balance appropriate for carrying tools.
49mm Showa fork with dedicated settings for trail-to-trail riding. Shock based on that of the CRF450R but with dedicated settings and link ratio for off-road riding.
Front brake uses design from CRF450R, but with better fade resistance thanks to thicker discs and large-capacity reservoir.
Endless sealed chain withstands the elements.
Front and rear sprockets, produced in durable steel material, feature damper system for smooth, quiet running.Urethane injection in swingarm to reduce road noise.Fuel tank cap with a cut-off valve prevents fuel from flowing out of tank if the bike is on its side.
LED turn signals with flexible mounts for durability.Easily accessible electronic component box on left side of the frame.
Black 7/8” Renthal handlebar with red pad.Compact, lightweight handlebar switches.In-mold graphics are resistant to peeling caused by washing or abrasion.IRC GP-21F/GP-22R tires provide great balance of on- and off-road performance.Black rims for strong presence

Honda CRF450L Specs
Engine: Liquid-cooled 10º single-cylinder four-stroke,
Valve Train: Unicam® OHC, four-valve
Displacement: 449.7cc
Bore & Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed return; manual
Clutch: Multiplate wet (6 springs)
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Induction: Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore
Ignition: Full transistorized
Start: Push-button electric starter
Final Drive: #520 sealed chain
Front Suspension: 49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork
Rear Suspension: Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock
Front Brakes: 2-piston caliper hydraulic; single 260mm disc
Rear Brakes: 1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc
Front Tire: IRC GP-21F w/ tube
Rear Tire: IRC GP-22R w/ tube
Rake (Caster Angle): 28°20’
Trail: 116mm (4.6 in.)
Length: 85.9 in.
Width: 32.6 in.
Height: 50.0 in.
Ground Clearance: 12.4 in.
Seat Height: 37.1 in.
Wheelbase: 58.9 in.
Fuel Capacity: 2.01 US Gal.
Wet Weight: 289 lbs.
Color: Red
US Availability: September 2018
Pricing: $10,399 USD
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

bikenav wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 pm ABS Euro 4? UK? dont see it happening hope so though
Its euro 4 according to the OP post linking to Honda news eu blurb. Implies that it will be available here.
pinball1008 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 am
TomBoyNI wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:22 am
Where did you get that?
Same website as the OP https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/motorcycles/ ... -crf450l10
Yes it does state 1000km oil changes after going on about 'extended service intervals for the hobby rider '.... :lol: :lol:

Mind you it also quotes peak power as 18.4 kw = 25 bhp ? :shock: ...hope that's a typo too..
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I am having one

XR400 has 1000 mile oil changes, this will be no different and most people using a KTM500 for Adv riding are doing 800 -1000 mile oil changes

Dropping the oil is a piece of piss, on the road into an empty orange/pop bottle

No big deal, think of the weight and power, instead of that slug the CRF250L

My KTM 530 has been a revelation and I won't be changing the oil every 10 hours, that is a racing schedule

I can see this and the KTM 530 I have being the ultimate TET bike

Just sold a bike this week and banked the money, so this news is just awesome

I shall order one for autumn delivery

A modern day XR400 - YeeHaa Honda .............................bring the fecker on :lol:

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Brenhden wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 am Well I've been through a range of emotions on this over the last day. At first I was gutted as I'm still running in my 250 Rally and I would much rather have a 450. But since then I've started to feel a lot better. From the limited info on line it seems its not the bike I thought it was. With a 600 mile oil and filter change it would mean that my upcoming 10 day trip would need 2 or 3 and that's just not something I want to do on the road side. 7.5l fuel tank is no use.

Maybe in 2020 there will be a 450 rally, but those two issues need to be addressed for me to buy one.

CRF450L Features
Lightweight, 2.0-gallon titanium fuel tank for long range.Riding time maximized by lightweight, compact LED lighting system, featuring headlight with high-intensity projection for illuminating broad area.
Rear-view mirrors.Lightweight lithium-ion battery with increased capacity compared to CRF450R, to power electrical components.
Lightweight, compact digital meter with black characters on a white liquid-crystal background is easily legible while riding.

CRF450L Engine/Drivetrain
449.7cc Unicam engine specially tailored for trail-to-trail riding.
Finger rocker arm contributes to compact layout while using dedicated design to attain off-road-specific power characteristics.
DLC surface treatment reduces friction.
Dedicated valve timing for smooth power delivery in technical riding.High crank inertia (up 12% over CRF450R) for tractable power delivery in technical terrain.
12.0:1 compression ratio.New piston with three-ring design.Wide-ratio six-speed transmission is ready for a wide variety of off-road terrain or road going.
Special clutch design enables light lever pull. Primary damper mechanism with friction springs suppresses engine torque fluctuations, ensuring smooth running.Large-capacity radiators with high heat-exchange efficiency for strong performance in demanding off-road conditions.
Electric fan and thermostat control engine temperature in brutal conditions.
ECU with dedicated settings.Noise emissions minimized via covers on the left and right crank cases.
Powerful AC generator for street-legal lighting.Air cleaner box.
Dedicated single-muffler exhaust system provides great sound while meeting emissions requirements.

CRF450L Suspension/Chassis
Aluminum twin-spar frame designed for nimble-yet-stable handling on trails.Subframe designed to ensure optimum rigidity balance appropriate for carrying tools.
49mm Showa fork with dedicated settings for trail-to-trail riding. Shock based on that of the CRF450R but with dedicated settings and link ratio for off-road riding.
Front brake uses design from CRF450R, but with better fade resistance thanks to thicker discs and large-capacity reservoir.
Endless sealed chain withstands the elements.
Front and rear sprockets, produced in durable steel material, feature damper system for smooth, quiet running.Urethane injection in swingarm to reduce road noise.Fuel tank cap with a cut-off valve prevents fuel from flowing out of tank if the bike is on its side.
LED turn signals with flexible mounts for durability.Easily accessible electronic component box on left side of the frame.
Black 7/8” Renthal handlebar with red pad.Compact, lightweight handlebar switches.In-mold graphics are resistant to peeling caused by washing or abrasion.IRC GP-21F/GP-22R tires provide great balance of on- and off-road performance.Black rims for strong presence

Honda CRF450L Specs
Engine: Liquid-cooled 10º single-cylinder four-stroke,
Valve Train: Unicam® OHC, four-valve
Displacement: 449.7cc
Bore & Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed return; manual
Clutch: Multiplate wet (6 springs)
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Induction: Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore
Ignition: Full transistorized
Start: Push-button electric starter
Final Drive: #520 sealed chain
Front Suspension: 49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork
Rear Suspension: Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock
Front Brakes: 2-piston caliper hydraulic; single 260mm disc
Rear Brakes: 1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc
Front Tire: IRC GP-21F w/ tube
Rear Tire: IRC GP-22R w/ tube
Rake (Caster Angle): 28°20’
Trail: 116mm (4.6 in.)
Length: 85.9 in.
Width: 32.6 in.
Height: 50.0 in.
Ground Clearance: 12.4 in.
Seat Height: 37.1 in.
Wheelbase: 58.9 in.
Fuel Capacity: 2.01 US Gal.
Wet Weight: 289 lbs.
Color: Red
US Availability: September 2018
Pricing: $10,399 USD
131kg ready to ride with fuel, well under a 701/690...............Add a 10l tank and you're still about 140kg

This will be the bike of 2019 in the Adv bike world

With money we don't have

Return to “BIKES”