Honda 450L

The Things We Ride
Cone

Re: Honda 450L

Post by Cone »

I had a 929 rry just found it bland. Although it never put a foot wrong and felt stable as anything on the A487. The blade loved that road and tyres would be peeling at the end.. but otherwise it was just a little bit boring...

Sorry for being off topic
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Cone wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 am I had a 929 rry just found it bland. Although it never put a foot wrong and felt stable as anything on the A487. The blade loved that road and tyres would be peeling at the end.. but otherwise it was just a little bit boring...

Sorry for being off topic
It's a shame you thought that but I can understand why. I raced a 929 in the KRC Endurance series and although our team had to be entered in the Up to 1000 class (and we were therefore a bit underpowered), we managed to stay with most of the GSXR1000K1-K3 bikes all season. It was lovely in the corners and we got it set up really nice. Like most sports bikes, they work best at circuits, and don't always feel useable on the road. Still a great way to send 3 or 4 grand though, leaving change for other pieces of fun, as Richeyroo has done.
herman

Post by herman »

The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Has anyone actually bought one of these, or even know anyone who has yet??
No intention of buying one myself, just being nosey :)
herman

Post by herman »

Not me but watching Mossy fall off is always priceless and knowing the swear filter has been turned up to max.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I thought mossy was dead :lol:
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

frustrating ....oh what could have been ?

no doubt its a nice trail bike ....but theres so much just wrong from a adv bike point of view ...and the 25hp isnt the reason i bet it rides well in that respect .... engine apart it just hasnt got any long distance credentials at all... and the price is just p[lain crazy

shame
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

My local dealer (G4) has one in and is slightly embarrassed about the price--I'm sure that somebody will buy one just for the exclusive nature of it. I had a close look and there are some quality touches --like the sound deadening plastic side covers on the engine (also protection)--but its on virtually "road" tyres, too tall, and a minimal subframe etc--not a lot of use,and overpriced , even compared to KTMs
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

minkyhead wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:35 am frustrating ....oh what could have been ?

no doubt its a nice trail bike ....but theres so much just wrong from a adv bike point of view ...and the 25hp isnt the reason i bet it rides well in that respect .... engine apart it just hasnt got any long distance credentials at all... and the price is just p[lain crazy

shame
Couldn,t agree more,it doesn,t seem to have a purpose as the CRF450x will do the same job minus a few civilized features with more power and less weight. I couldn,t take off a brand new titanium tank and pay a few hundred pounds for an acerbis tank when it becomes available and then try to find a rack and some pannier frames.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I'm sure it's a fantastic bike but does it have an audience?

You can't adv it without significant outlay - lots of bikes like that but not at that price point

It's not an enduro bike but the expectation to trailer it on any distance road sections (I'm sure I could ride it to Spain but that's just me)

Trail bike requiring the maintenance of competition but aimed at a less experienced rider, who likely couldn't rebuild the entire thing in an afternoon using only a leatherman

At least 10% more expensive than the nearest rival

A pretty niche market :shock:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything

Return to “BIKES”