Are you happy with your Bike(s)?

The Things We Ride
beasty

Re: Are you happy with your Bike(s)?

Post by beasty »

How about the crf250 rxl or is that too enduring orientated?
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

hornet wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 pm couldn't be more unhappy with the crf250l its just bloody awful
I listened to, too many people going on about how great it is and it really isn't.
Poor build quality, in fact shit build quality way to heavy underpowered over weight ,shit suspension the list goes on.

Now the drz was given a hard time about such things but hell its a million times the bike the crf ever could be. Its the biggest bike mistake I've ever made. Wish I'd never read all the utter bollox written about it on here.
Did you not test ride it & make up your own mind? I have a 2014 so build quality may well have gone downhill but done around 42000 miles commuting mine. It's not bollox, just a different opinion to yours :?
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I'd be very happy with my bikes, if I had enough time to ride them.

Two currently need MoTs.

I've realised I need another two of me: one to earn a living, and one to look after the house and dogs, leaving the original to have fun.

So, no more extra bikes or hobbies for now (although we seem to have acquired another dog and some hens).
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Love my bike its just the getting it up and down the front 7 steps to go for a ride that puts me off it, gets a bit of a chore when its 230kg :lol:
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I like my Varadero enjoy the effortlessness and comfort, but it is a big lump on country lanes so only use it in the summer months and use the lighter Transalp 650 in the winter months.
Have an early (87) Transalp on the road all year, feels much lighter and smaller than the 650 & is VMCC eligible.
For summer I use an Evo HD Ultra Classic for taking the Mrs out, its the only one she can get on nowadays, used to use the Vara but she cannot get on it now.
Just put the 1977 Honda CB750A (Hondamatic) on the road, good in town and the lanes, not sure for motorways, very relaxing and different to ride, might use it on this Sunday's VMCC Founders Relay Rally.
The only one I do not get on with is a 1977 BMW R60/7, I just don't seem to gel with BM's so will probably sell it.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

beasty wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:47 pm How about the crf250 rxl or is that too enduring orientated?
fab bike i have two mates with them but they are a short hop bike or van job due to the sevice intervals nd short ratio gears but for more difficult stuff they are in a differnt leage ,,,, i disregard what others say ive had mine in some pretty tough places ..replace the suspension and it becomes far more compliant if you look at the ractech rear on this crf and you can see by the rebound control its not half bad it is what it is but the small first gear will climb pretty much anything the uk trails can throw at it

Imagehigh parker moor by minkyhead56, on Flickr
Last edited by minkyhead on Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I've now got a Honda CBF1000A. It's an '07 ABS model with 22k miles and fruity Delkevic cans (I've sold the Fazer thou and the KTM 450). It's got the d-tuned Fireblade engine but with a shed load of torque from tickover. It reminds me of my old 1200 Bandit in terms of pure grunt, only it's better and much smoother 8-). I can't say I'm a 100% happy with it as it's not as razor sharp as the Fazer was and it doesn't brake as well, but it's very comfy and what it lacks in that addictive top end rush that the Fazer had, it more than makes up for that with the 'shove' that it produces at all revs. My mate reckons it's got more poke than his old VFR1200, which is saying something. So far, so good and we're off to Croatia on the bikes in June so it will be good to see how it performs on a long trip :) . I've bought some SW Motech throw over panniers for it, some new tyres and brake pads. I still have a hankering for a '14 onwards Suzuki Vstrom 1000 or a KTM 1050 Adventure but they are double the money for what I paid for the CBF.

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I think i am now! i have a 2016 Africa Twin for touring and light off road, and a Husky FE450 for the lanes and the odd Welsh trip! However looking forward to the future when im really old and knackered! (not far off now hehe) im looking for the one 'do it all' bike. Looking at the Husky 701, KTM 790 or the Yamaha world rally is it a 770cc i think? I love trail riding with the odd touring weekend, so hopefully one of these bikes would do the job! (and hopefully Honda will bring out the magical 450/500 rally, which i would have in a heartbeat!) :D
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

SteveR wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:27 pm Kind of... The issue is they are getting older, like the owner!

Vara is getting a full 32K mile service this week, one of the BIG expensive ones, but after looking at chopping it (and the Falcon) in for a big wheel SWM SuperDual a fortnight ago, I realised very quickly that it'll do me for a couple more years. Couple of trips planned this time, and it's always a great mile-muncher... and will go off road too!!

Needed a pic!! Big gurl in her working kit, all nice and grubby in Aragon!!
Attachments
IMG_20150511_150539193.jpg
IMG_20150511_150539193.jpg (117.53 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

hornet wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 pm couldn't be more unhappy with the crf250l its just bloody awful
I listened to, too many people going on about how great it is and it really isn't.
Poor build quality, in fact shit build quality way to heavy underpowered over weight ,shit suspension the list goes on.
Ha. You are essentially correct, but there is nothing else comparable on the (new) market to buy instead so many owners make it work and are quite happy.

And for the reasons given why I run a DR350 and DRZ - both much better (in my opinion) but a lot older and hence require a little more looking after...
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701

Return to “BIKES”