What should I do with a scrap bike?

The Things We Ride
Brenhden

Re: What should I do with a scrap bike?

Post by Brenhden »

daryl wrote: ↑Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm I don't suppose the wheels are in anything approacing usable condition? I've got a few loose spokes on mine that are sufficiently rusty that they can't be adjusted and would rather buy them from someone on here than a mystery ebay seller.
Hi Daryl,

Well yes and no. I took them off and sprayed them black, alas getting the tyres back on ruined the paint job but they are sound, I taped off all the spokes etc so those are maybe good. This is the rear drum version.

I have a DR650 front in good condition with a decent tyre if that helps.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
ds99

Post by ds99 »

stick it on ebay starting at 99p. it will sell
chipy

Post by chipy »

I might be interested in having it. I am looking for another project to do something like this https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... ilit=Cg125
again
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
felco

Post by felco »

Everything is worth something unless its Chinese then send it back for recycling :D
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I would support Richard's view that a local school or college might be interested in taking the parts.

When I taught at a college we gratefully took such items which could then be used for multiple drilling and rethreading exercises, welding/brazing repairs, after that the parts were sectioned by the students and then cleaned, painted and used for display teaching aids.

We also took MOT failure cars for the same reasons.

Colleges/schools can buy professionally sectioned teaching aid models but with monies so tight and the need for practical experiences such items are invaluable.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Might be a home for it here

http://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/contact- ... t-parkway/

Amazing place
daryl

Post by daryl »

Obviously it's easier for you if it all goes as one lump, but if you do decide to split it up then let me know. Dodgy spray paint would just match the rest of the bike.
Brenhden wrote: ↑Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:35 pm Hi Daryl,

Well yes and no. I took them off and sprayed them black, alas getting the tyres back on ruined the paint job but they are sound, I taped off all the spokes etc so those are maybe good. This is the rear drum version.

I have a DR650 front in good condition with a decent tyre if that helps.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Scrap is a word used a lot in society in this day and age

The none creative person classifies something as junk when they no longer see a use for it . A person with a creative mind will never draw a line between a usefull item or a junk item as junk is another man's gold.

Not many things on this planet are useless most things are usefull

Cooperative company's and big business created the idea that things were made in our world to be disposable. This was Created by capitalists and cooperations to make more money the vicious circle of disposing an item and buying another from these same people.

Going back many years before this started everything could be used to make something else one just needed a creative mind to make it ... iam not saying you don't have a creative mind and just mearley trying to say it isn't junk. So one man out there may have a use for it . So I wouldn't scrap it even though scrapping it will mean it gets melted down to be reused on other items for these cooperative company's...
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to β€œBIKES”