BMW F850 GS.....Get rid of your current bike and order one.

The Things We Ride
Helicoptermanr22

Re: BMW F850 GS.....Get rid of your current bike and order one.

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

I do think they look good and some usefull bits and pieces on the 850, I sat on one last week and they feel like they have got longer and more accident damage prone. As mentioned the waterpump look quite precarious as does the fuel tank width.

BUT why are they getting heavier and larger.
Loved my 800 Gs though.

Looking forward to seeing the T7 and the 790 and these could be the ones to buck the trend.

How ever the 790 being assembled in china and that fugly headlight puts me me off:(
Chris S

BMW F750 GS.

Post by Chris S »

Rode a newish 750GS in Morocco for week, road and trail.
Always liked the 650 / 700 as do-it-all travel bikes and quite liked this version too.
More here: https://wp.me/p25l5L-dGd

Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am
BUT why are they getting heavier and larger.
That's what I think about all the adventure styled bikes, that's why over two years ago I bought a CRF250 Rally. Nearly 20,000 miles later, I'm happy it was the right decision. I just don't get big heavy "off road" bikes at all. Even my CRF is quite weighty after my old Serrow 225.
The CRF has carried me to Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland and all over the UK. It's not fast, but it's a good compromise when I hit the dirt, 'cause at least then I can pick it up
:D
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I will say the same thing about my KTM 690. I had a Transalp before, which was great but could
tie itself in knot on tracks. Picking it up was a pain as well. But now 40- 50kg lighter and another 30 horses,
bloody hell :shock: :D :D
Havn't been on any big rides with it yet as I still need to get new luggage that suits the bike, but just ordered some
racks today :D Now to get some bags.
Next year I'll be testing it on some longer trips, hopefully a bit of TET in Sweden and Norway.

Return to “BIKES”