BMW F850 GS.....Get rid of your current bike and order one.

The Things We Ride
SteveW

BMW F850 GS.....Get rid of your current bike and order one.

Post by SteveW » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 am

Surely this has to be the best all roads travel bike for Northern European riders?
The GS800 was almost brilliant, in my opinion only let down by vibes at motorway speeds.
Rugged, reliable, economical, comfy, good tank range and able to handle rough roads easily and not overly massive. A true "Adventure" bike.
BMW have spruced the whole bike up, addressed the vibration issues and added a bit more grunt.
Adventure travel is suspended for me for the next 18 months, I'm too busy. So it's tarmac commuting only. My current Ducati 950 Multistrada is very good (although I miss the near 300 mile tank range of my GSA800) at the tarmac stuff.....but I know when normal service is resumed and I can wander off on "Adventures" I'll be swapping the Ducati for a GS850.

Earwig

Re: BMW F850 GS.....Get rid of your current bike and order one.

Post by Earwig » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:19 pm

Quite like the thought of the F750GS :) as nearly all my riding is on road, so having missed the launch event, I called into a well known dealer to have a look, only to be told that the first ones won't be in he UK till May. :shock:

Are BMW following Honda in the style of the AT launch :?:

Return to “BIKES”