Husqvarna 701

The Things We Ride
Cone

Re: Husqvarna 701

Post by Cone »

Asgard wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:45 pm Really enjoying this bike now, I haven't lowered it yet but I've still taken about 20mm off the sidestand as it was too upright as standard even without lowering it.
Did find a false neutral between 5th and 6th on 2 occasions and the hydraulic clutch seems to get ever so slightly out of whack when hot (I.E. it acts like the fluid in the system has lost a little pressure and makes the clutch drag a little, not much but enough to notice the difference between its behaviour cold and hot), little niggles that are easily adapted too, the bike is so much fun I can forgive it a few quirks.

One thing I need to sort though is the fork action, the high speed compression damping is too much for me which makes square edged hits very harsh, not familiar with the 4CS forks, though I've worked on closed cartridge MTB suspension so hopefully can get to grips with them.

Let me know if you come up with any economical mods. I joined the 701 Facebook group and they have a lot of useful info on there.

I really want to do something with the tail but reluctant to spend 90quid on 3 inches of steel
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Cone wrote:
Let me know if you come up with any economical mods. I joined the 701 Facebook group and they have a lot of useful info on there.

I really want to do something with the tail but reluctant to spend 90quid on 3 inches of steel
I’ve put a tail tidy on all my bikes, my huskyFE350 came with two, surprised the 701 doesnt have both.

About a month ago i went to Rugged Roads for a few bits and one of the items i got was a tail tidy for the africa twin.. paid in full, but glad i went out to lymington to collect, despite being happy to pay £140 for the item, fittment required cutting alot of the AT rear plastics out, so i opted not to do it.

Considering it’s not long until i get my 701, maybe it’s worth fabricating 10 tail tidies.. surely it’s not too tricky? Dunno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cone

Post by Cone »

If you search husqvarna 701 uk there is a fb group worth joining.

I’ve seen a mod where you just dismantle part the fit the plate to the top section. Looks like a good tidy fitting
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Bit the bullet and got me one, collecting on 30th, just intime for the ABR ralley a week later :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cone

Post by Cone »

I’ll see you there then . I broke mine in on the Taffy
Skyliner

Post by Skyliner »

Asgard wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 pm Are there any preferred after market exhaust end cans for the Husky?, I'm concerned with low weight and not being too loud not increased perfoormance, im only 70kg soaking wet and more used to small bikes, this is a bit of a lump for me and any weight savings I can make without spending a fortune will be for the better
DO a google search for WINGS exhausts.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Thankyou Skyliner, they are a little expensive for something that I will likely dent and scratch up in short time, I have bought a Titanium GPR exhaust that was much less expensive, hope it wasnt a bad choice.

Does anyone know the rating of the standard fork springs in the 2018 701?, they are a little too stiff for my weight I need to source some lighter springs, but do not know what the standard fit is.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

A quick, but perhaps difficult question: Would doing my own servicing invalidate the warranty on my 701?

I have asked the dealer and he thinks not (not a definitive answer), getting hold of anyone via the UK Husqvarna site is proving difficult, they haven't answered emails and I can't find a phone number.
Its a trick............get an Axe
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Asgard wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:57 pm Thankyou Skyliner, they are a little expensive for something that I will likely dent and scratch up in short time, I have bought a Titanium GPR exhaust that was much less expensive, hope it wasnt a bad choice.

Does anyone know the rating of the standard fork springs in the 2018 701?, they are a little too stiff for my weight I need to source some lighter springs, but do not know what the standard fit is.
I purchased a GPR Furore nero exhaust for my Suzuki DRZ400s. The packaging was excellent and the can and link pipe came in cloth drawstring bags. The GPR badge was in a separate bag so you dont have to fit it if you wish to keep it clean looking. The quality and fit is excellent for any price let alone the £239 i payed for it. The sound is a bit raucous even with the baffle in the tail pipe and the reverse cone DB killer between the link pipe and rear can. There are no really quiet pipes other than the standard exhaust which is very heavy and well on it,s way to rusting through. I will get used to the extra noise and if you shut off the throttle a bit it does not sound much louder than the original. I highly recommend GPR exhausts. As the advertising says "why pay twice as much for a name you cannot pronounce"
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Skyliner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 am
Asgard wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 pm Are there any preferred after market exhaust end cans for the Husky?, I'm concerned with low weight and not being too loud not increased perfoormance, im only 70kg soaking wet and more used to small bikes, this is a bit of a lump for me and any weight savings I can make without spending a fortune will be for the better
DO a google search for WINGS exhausts.
My mate is selling slip on end cans for the 701, I think he is waiting for another batch to come in now?

Return to “BIKES”