Husqvarna 701

The Things We Ride
Cone

Re: Husqvarna 701

Post by Cone »

Good luck, no dealers I went to had an endure available for test. I had to just bite the bullet and buy it.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Cone wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm Good luck, no dealers I went to had an endure available for test. I had to just bite the bullet and buy it.
Really? No way would I spend that much without a test ride, even an older bike would do for a test ride.
Bit of a leap of faith on your behalf then :D

Steve
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Freestyles in East Sussex had enduro and sm demo bikes and the new weird Vitpilen things.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

bowber wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:55 am I'm steadily getting sick of riding tarmac on big road based bikes, both my 1050 and the 950 before are nice bikes but there's just something about riding them that leaves me ... disappointed? Not quite the right word but it's all I can think of at the moment.
I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take one for a ride.

Steve
Uninvolved might be a slightly better word, it can be too easy riding a large capacity bike (except when you need to back it up, or move it around). I avoid motorway & barely use dual carriageway, took me 10 hours to get from London to Cumbria the other week (312 miles) so although I have no beef with the battleships, they just aren't needed for the way I ride.

If the saddle height had been a little less lofty I'd have just finished an oil change on the 701 rather than the CCM I have in the garage. It's a stunning bike 8-)
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

DavidS wrote:Freestyles in East Sussex had enduro and sm demo bikes and the new weird Vitpilen things.
Them Vitpilen things are horrible, it might get better if they put the numberplate back to give it a tail but it’s much like a moped(fun to ride but dont want your mates seeing you on it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Oblix wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 am
DavidS wrote:Freestyles in East Sussex had enduro and sm demo bikes and the new weird Vitpilen things.
Them Vitpilen things are horrible, it might get better if they put the numberplate back to give it a tail but it’s much like a moped(fun to ride but dont want your mates seeing you on it)

Spot on.
I hate the current cut off tail look and they just seem dangerous, even If they’re not. That number plate thing was awful on BMW’s years ago so why did everyone start using them now?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Are there any preferred after market exhaust end cans for the Husky?, I'm concerned with low weight and not being too loud not increased perfoormance, im only 70kg soaking wet and more used to small bikes, this is a bit of a lump for me and any weight savings I can make without spending a fortune will be for the better
Its a trick............get an Axe
Cone

Post by Cone »

I dunno about preferred. As soon as you take the original cab off and put something new on it gets louder

I guess exhausts are down to taste and money. I picked up a second hand white gpr exhaust which was miles lighter than the original for 160
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Really enjoying this bike now, I haven't lowered it yet but I've still taken about 20mm off the sidestand as it was too upright as standard even without lowering it.
Did find a false neutral between 5th and 6th on 2 occasions and the hydraulic clutch seems to get ever so slightly out of whack when hot (I.E. it acts like the fluid in the system has lost a little pressure and makes the clutch drag a little, not much but enough to notice the difference between its behaviour cold and hot), little niggles that are easily adapted too, the bike is so much fun I can forgive it a few quirks.

One thing I need to sort though is the fork action, the high speed compression damping is too much for me which makes square edged hits very harsh, not familiar with the 4CS forks, though I've worked on closed cartridge MTB suspension so hopefully can get to grips with them.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Asgard wrote:Really enjoying this bike now, I haven't lowered it yet but I've still taken about 20mm off the sidestand as it was too ...

Arghh please stop with the 701 updates.. i’m green with envy and saving every penny to buy one.. maybe if i sell a few thing i might reach my target sooner but i really want one....

If i havent gotten one by the time winter comes.. then feel free to push the subject further :-)

Return to “BIKES”