Husqvarna 701

The Things We Ride
Oblix

Re: Husqvarna 701

Post by Oblix »

Does anyone know if adding a power commander v - and airbox mod reduces the guarantee cover (anything engine related) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bowber

Post by bowber »

I'd think it does more than reduce it, more like buggers up any warranty to do with the motor all together, and that's the main part I'd want the warranty for.

Steve
Cone

Post by Cone »

I told my dealer I planned to replace the airbox with a fuel tank he said ‘make sure it comes back to us for any warranties with the original airbox on’
arianapham

Post by arianapham »

This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Does anyone know a source for a manual cam chain adjuster for the 2018 model?, the Rally Raid Item states only up to 2017 (I thought 17-18 engines were the same but apparently not)
Its a trick............get an Axe
Oblix

Husqvarna 701

Post by Oblix »

Asgard wrote:Does anyone know a source for a manual cam chain adjuster for the 2018 model?, the Rally Raid Item states only up to 2017 (I thought 17-18 engines were the same but apparently not)
On the assumption that it’s an advert created before they had visibility over newer model ++ I think they do request “not ringing” out of hours, an email might be responded to quickly where they can confirm

I’ve recently purchased one for me fe350 from “as3 performance” here in the uk, although it doesnt look like theyre on 701’s yet, also worth a ring on monday, they might have an established network for these little treasures

https://www.as3performance.co.uk
Cone

Post by Cone »

Does this remove the little tingly lingly noise that I’m quite found off away?
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Oblix wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 am
On the assumption that it’s an advert created before they had visibility over newer model ++ I think they do request “not ringing” out of hours, an email might be responded to quickly where they can confirm

https://www.as3performance.co.uk

Dunno Oblix, but the Advert specifically says Not 2018 onwards, I shall call Rally Raid Monday

Cone, not sure what your noise is and I can't really describe mine, but know from experience that it is coming from a loose timing chain and most probably because the hydraulic adjuster is not working well
Some don't mind the noise, but it offends me greatly and must be detrimental in the long term.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Hello RE: timing chain manual adjuster for 2018 model, I have just gone through the parts list and 3 out of the 5 parts that make up the adjuster have different part numbers on the 2018 compared to the 2017.

I have no idea if the parts are actually different.

Can anyone confirm that they have used the adjuster advertised for a 2017 in a 2018?, I am thinking of the adjuster as advertised by Rally Raid as this is the only manual adjuster I am aware of.

P.S. I am not able to get reply from Rally Raid, phone or email, so any leads on alternative source for this part also appreciated.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

RallyRaid did get back to me re: amanual adjuster and stated they didn't want to say it would as they haven't been able to check a 2018 yet.

Quick heads up on eliminating the vulnerable side stand switch, I can confirm that simply attaching a magnet to the switch and moving it somewhere out of the way works for the 2018.
I superglued a random small neodynium disc magnet to the switch, shoved some heatshrink over the assembly and stuck it up by the airbox....one less thing to worry about on the trails. :)

Return to “BIKES”