Hardly Able to Export...

The Things We Ride
daveuprite

Hardly Able to Export...

Post by daveuprite »

I doubt many of us on here will lose much sleep, but here's an article about what happens when a moron becomes president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... otorcycles
threepot

Re: Hardly Able to Export...

Post by threepot »

Can't class myself a Trump fan,one of his first policy changes ,was to allow hunters to shoot hibernating bears :shock:
But you can't blame him for his ideology of puting America First?. Maybe it's time that the West stood up to China dumping cheap-crap steel on the market? And didn't one of the major American car manufacturers reverse a decision to build cars in Mexico after he said he would tax their imports? Remember,the bulk of Chinese goods into the west,are made under licence from Western companies,using our technology? It makes me angry,the number of people who dismiss Uk made cars/motorcycles in favour of foreign made!

There's a famous story of Douglas Bader asking if he could use a captured ME109 in the Battle of Britain. Only to be told..'sorry mate,your stuck with the Spitfire'!

I made that up!😊
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Can you name a British car manufacturer? Most cars assembled in this country are for foreign manufacturers from components sourced all over Europe/the world.
They only do that to avoid import taxes. They won’t hang around long once we leave single market.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Interestingly...I think most of the cars built in the world are built by manufacturers foreign to the country of assembly. Japan would be about the only exception....but even there Nissan is effectively owned by Renault.

Most of the cars sold in the UK are imported...most of the cars built in the UK are exported. There's hardly a car in the world that doesn't contain GKN componentry.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

BMW cars are assembled in the USA, so they pull out and American jobs lost :(

Return to “BIKES”