Yamaha T7 news

The Things We Ride
Neil M

Yamaha T7 news

Post by Neil M »

dibbs

Re: Yamaha T7 news

Post by dibbs »

I do like the look of that! be interesting to see how much different the standard production one will look like.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Really like that, hopefully won't be to pricey :D
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Been waiting to see what the final result is, weight will be the issue for me, if its another 200+ Kg barge i'll not bother
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

HedgeHopper wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm Been waiting to see what the final result is, weight will be the issue for me, if its another 200+ Kg barge i'll not bother
Exactly. Realistically it can't / won't be a 110-125kg enduro lightweight. But there's no excuse for it to exceed 160kgs fully fuelled up. That would make it a genuine modern DR650 - which we always seem to be waiting for.

However I bet it's at least 185kgs and therefore a PITA off road. We shall see...
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

daveuprite wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm
HedgeHopper wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm Been waiting to see what the final result is, weight will be the issue for me, if its another 200+ Kg barge i'll not bother
Exactly. Realistically it can't / won't be a 110-125kg enduro lightweight. But there's no excuse for it to exceed 160kgs fully fuelled up. That would make it a genuine modern DR650 - which we always seem to be waiting for.

However I bet it's at least 185kgs and therefore a PITA off road. We shall see...

To be fair, it's closer in size to the Africa Twin than it is to a KTM 690 Enduro - plus it has a 700cc street-derived twin-cylinder engine; and although it looks a bit racy here with its blue rims and [faux?] carbon-fibre, it's also been designed to carry a passenger and/or luggage...

I'd be prepared for it to come in around 200Kg full of fuel - still a chunk [and I use that term advisedly] lighter than the current mid-size 'Adventure' competition - F800/850, Triumph Tiger, and certainly the Africa Twin - just don't expect it to be a Japanese PR7 or 690 with a screen...

Looks fabulous mind you!

Jx
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

Nothing new here is there?

its the same world raid concept bike that was on display at last years NEC bike show isn't it?
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

JMoandpiglet wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:45 pm

To be fair, it's closer in size to the Africa Twin than it is to a KTM 690 Enduro - plus it has a 700cc street-derived twin-cylinder engine; and although it looks a bit racy here with its blue rims and [faux?] carbon-fibre, it's also been designed to carry a passenger and/or luggage...

I'd be prepared for it to come in around 200Kg full of fuel - still a chunk [and I use that term advisedly] lighter than the current mid-size 'Adventure' competition - F800/850, Triumph Tiger, and certainly the Africa Twin - just don't expect it to be a Japanese PR7 or 690 with a screen...

Looks fabulous mind you!

Jx
Good post Jenny. Wishes for sub 200 kilos wet will only come if folk are willing to spend big to buy it and I don't think they will. Talking to the Yam dealer today he thought/reckoned around £9k. I'd say given rising costs of F850 and Tiger 800 it could in theory sustain up to £10k as long as it's good.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

JMoandpiglet wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Looks fabulous mind you!

Jx
Yeah I just don't see the point in these 'adventure' bikes that are designed to look like they could take you absolutely anywhere, but can't. If you want a long distance touring bike for exploring the world's tarmac then you have a huge choice of great bikes that also go around corners properly. They are called sports tourers.

And if you want to explore the non-tarmac'ed world than get something truly capable of doing that. They are called enduro bikes. Or RTW converted enduro bikes.

The on-going problem is getting mainstream manufacturers to build something that can do both. Almost impossible.

As far as I can tell, at the moment it's the CCM450 or the KTM690, though both seem to have problems. Perhaps the magic formula is the recent Huskie 701 with the SuperDuke engine? Time will tell.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

From what I've read, everything is pointing to a 200kg heavyweight, which if it turns out that way, for me will be a great shame, as I think it looks brill and would tick the boxes....Yamaha had a chance to make a mid weight contender......hope they haven't failed

Return to “BIKES”