The next step....

The Things We Ride
Scott_rider

Re: The next step....

Post by Scott_rider »

Nice. There is a Haibike dealer near me. They are very good bikes, imho 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

deksawyer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm Hopefully getting one of these in the next few weeks. Had to sell my beloved Specialized last year because of a knee injury, but I need to get back in the saddle, and I think a little help from the Bosch motor is gonna help.

they are really stylish bikes it lloks like the new one with the mega big battery ?..i test rode one ..hard 7 and tbo the only reason i went for the cube was a better choice of frame and wheel sizes .as im a bigger unit ..i really liked the hiebike but the cube fitted me better ,,,,

i do remember it was a yamaha engine ...nowt wrong with that seemed fine to me ..wonder why they have gone to bosch now ?
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

minkyhead wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:58 pm i do remember it was a yamaha engine ...nowt wrong with that seemed fine to me ..wonder why they have gone to bosch now ?
They do both, depending on the model, as well as their new Flyon (aka TQ) motor.
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Had a focus thron speed for four years now and absolutely love it. It's carried me all over near where I live and has a range of over 100 miles in the right conditions (down here in south Devon it's about 45 to 50 miles, but we have blooming big hills! Cycling the Nantes-Brest canal a few years ago it definitely covered just over 100 miles on a charge. Mine has their biggest battery.
Cracking bit of kit. The panniers are Thule, which strap onto the suspension and work really well.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jncmonsRXucg2b5U7
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Overvolt 529.jpg
Overvolt 529.jpg (63.3 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
I've just bought one of these Lapierre Overvolt 529, an "all mountain", Shimano 8000 powered, 29er wheels and 140mm forks. It's awesome :lol:
Chain Reaction are offering them with 29% discount (£1375 off) and I just couldn't say no. I've been well and truly bitten by the eMTB bug, I did 1500 miles all over the peak district last year on my Trek Powerfly (and another 500 on my basic MTB) but decided I needed full suspension.

I'm going to spend at least another £100 customising the bike; tubeless, bigger front sprocket and maybe a longer steering stem.

As far as I'm aware Minkyhead, you can't get a double chainring for eMTB's. In fact most MTB's these days don't have that facility because the rear cassette with 11 sprockets is supposedly big enough to cover the full range. You'd have to get a hybrid (part road part MTB) to get a double chainring. I looked into it for exactly the same reason ;)

I'm taking the Overvolt from 34T chainring (which tops out at 15mph with my legs going ten to the dozen) to a 38T chainring. I hope it'll fit because there's not much room and it cost £50! I don't see the point in having a small chainring when the motor can do the work the odd time I need it. On the road between trails or commuting I need more speed because I cant stand being passed by people on shoppers or folding bikes :x :lol:
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

DaveCon wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 am
As far as I'm aware Minkyhead, you can't get a double chainring for eMTB's. In fact most MTB's these days don't have that facility because the rear cassette with 11 sprockets is supposedly big enough to cover the full range. You'd have to get a hybrid (part road part MTB) to get a double chainring. I looked into it for exactly the same reason ;)
Nice bike there. And as far as I know, you can get double front chainrings on some models with the Yamaha motor.

Mine might be here next week.

D.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

it was only a thought about the chainring ..seems they are confined to on road

fab bike by the way and ive looking real hard at the full suspension stuff ..the cost isnt fazing me its the type of use that has me scratching me head ...
ive took advice from a guy who can mix and match me cassette to get a lowwr ist gear so thats good ..ill have to live with the 11 tooth top and thats no big deal either i dont use the dongle that much but its ace to get it going ..really handy to get it up to 30mph at the top of a l;ong decent and then just switch it off that first 100meters can have knock on effect for the next quater of a mile
im planning on a 5 day tour soon and ive upgraded the forks recently ..ive had a few days out with full luggage and panniers plus i will be carryinga spare battery undr the framerail and that is really where i think i need that lower gear when fully loaded and steep ..ive sort of decided that the hardtail is probably the best for what im doing 80 percent of the time ...i dont want to give up me suspension post its really ace but i do want to intall a dropper post ..so theres a tough one i have a few ideas on how that can be done ....sure it wont be that often i need a dropper post but i think its handy somtimes its just easier to use it to get off o and on in awkward spots so im quite keen to sort that .i think i can adapt me bike for what i want it to do nowt silly extream but still proper trails ..and retain some creatuire comforts and proper luggage for the road element i really dont get on with rucksacks at all ......ill let you know if i make it 205miles off road ,,,,watch this space
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Interesting stuff here.
I love my Cube Stereo 140...my DR400Z remains unused! Looking forward to donglising the motor once the warranty expires.
Attachments
018.jpg
018.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I have a Raleigh Pioneer Ebike that gets used for general road stuff, shopping, pub etc. I also fitted an Ekit to a cheap Carrera hybrid a few years ago now. Its only really capable for mild off road stuff, canal paths & tracks that aren't too gnarly.

Being as there's nowhere legal near me to use my CRF250 off road, i'm going to sell it and splurge out on a decent EMTB sometime soon.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

minkyhead wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 pm ...i dont want to give up me suspension post its really ace but i do want to intall a dropper post ..so theres a tough one i have a few ideas on how that can be done ....sure it wont be that often i need a dropper post but i think its handy somtimes its just easier to use it to get off o and on in awkward spots so im quite keen to sort that .i think i can adapt me bike for what i want it to do nowt silly extream but still proper trails ..and retain some creatuire comforts and proper luggage for the road element i really dont get on with rucksacks at all ......ill let you know if i make it 205miles off road ,,,,watch this space
I went through the same thoughts. I have a dropper post on a normal MTB and I've never used it on a trail or cross country. I've used it a couple of times on gnarly downhills but at my level of riding I never noticed the advantage. Although I did once smack my knackers on a raised seat so if it prevents that then maybe ... I was going down very steep rocks at the time, which I don't think I'll be doing again!

I wanted a Shimano Steps motor and the bike came with a dropper post and full suspension so.... My suntour suspension seat (I got on your recommendation I think) is ace though. It's certainly easier to load up a hardtail with luggage.

I look forward to reading about your epic trip :D

Return to “BIKES”