The next step....

The Things We Ride
captinktm
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:05 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: The next step....

Post by captinktm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

NOoooooooooooooooooooooo! Not a bloody chance! For me these are two completely different pass times. If you think you can't ride the trails in the uk then MOVE there's plenty of room out here and no restriction at all.
Besides I won't pay 5k for a motorbike so there no chance at all of me shelling out 5k for something you have to peddle. :lol:

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
johnnyboxer
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: The next step....

Post by johnnyboxer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am

captinktm wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am
NOoooooooooooooooooooooo! Not a bloody chance! For me these are two completely different pass times. If you think you can't ride the trails in the uk then MOVE there's plenty of room out here and no restriction at all.
Besides I won't pay 5k for a motorbike so there no chance at all of me shelling out 5k for something you have to peddle. :lol:
You are in the dark ages then, sir

Cycling is all the rage in UK

MTB in UK is taking over, for trails now

Some of the TRF groups now have a eMTB section for members who have electric bikes and they meet up for eMTB rides one week and trail rides on enduro bikes the next week

Different, but similar
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

videoman
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: The next step....

Post by videoman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

johnnyboxer wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:58 am
videoman wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:54 am
Very nice bike and hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.

As you say the trails have become so restricted now for motorised vehicles this opens up an all new chance to ride wherever you want more or less.

This year I have covered around 450 miles on my VFR800 and over 3500 miles cycling on my bikes including a 500 mile tour around Normandy.

Looks like the motorbike will be going after Christmas as I have lost all interest in it.
I can see what you mean

Did you cycle around Normandy or a normal bike or your ebike?

Cycling allows you to get to different places, especially off the road now
Don't have an ebike yet, pedal power around Normandy after catching train to Portsmouth and going over on the ferry to Caen.

captinktm
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:05 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: The next step....

Post by captinktm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 am

johnnyboxer wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am
captinktm wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am
NOoooooooooooooooooooooo! Not a bloody chance! For me these are two completely different pass times. If you think you can't ride the trails in the uk then MOVE there's plenty of room out here and no restriction at all.
Besides I won't pay 5k for a motorbike so there no chance at all of me shelling out 5k for something you have to peddle. :lol:
You are in the dark ages then, sir

Cycling is all the rage in UK

MTB in UK is taking over, for trails now

Some of the TRF groups now have a eMTB section for members who have electric bikes and they meet up for eMTB rides one week and trail rides on enduro bikes the next week

Different, but similar
Ah fashion! Oh and if the TRF condone it then another good reason for me not to.

johnnyboxer
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: The next step....

Post by johnnyboxer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

captinktm wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 am


Ah fashion! Oh and if the TRF condone it then another good reason for me not to.
Can't beat the TRF :mrgreen:
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

minkyhead
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: The next step....

Post by minkyhead » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 am

ive had one for a whiie



here in the flatlands of lancashire there is pretty much nothing in the way of trails but therer is a myriad of footpaths bridleways and stuff you can zoom in on on google earth .its also a bit like having a excercise bike that scrolls the countryside before you ..with the four assist levels you can work as hard as you want or as little as you want ..it gives me all the things about a pushbike i like without the horrible punishing slogs that come with the package ..bloody amazing what you can find with a landranger sat nav ....
feckin heavy biuke to lift over styles ...cant do that with me dirtbikes :mrgreen:

turns out i have a fetish for following canal towpaths of which we have severel on me doorstep ..

rode the suspension one on test in the woods at the leisure lakes and its brilliant ..but i dont think ill be a proiper mountain biker its pretty scary stuff and i dont think id have the legs or lungs for the extream stuff ..iso i decided on a hybrid

...nicer on the road sections but still more than capable of dicking around in the woods ..wet grass canal towpaths that kind of thing ..pretty capable and has tyres that are up to the job

i like me comforts so i wanted one with a rack and panniers too ...got to be able to carry me brew stuff and simple things like removing layers of clothing ..or putting em on ...im cycling in army leggings and fishemans wellies this weather and splashing through everyhing ...its ace

fitted a full braap 1100 lumin light ..lasts for two hours on full power as i dont want to be trapped indoors on the winter nights ...had a few nocturnal adventures already

i think johnyy has the two stroke ktm version ..mine is more 650dakar type .. ..im doing quite big hours on mine love it to peices 8-)

looks like a cube bike johnny ..?? either way its is a lovely machine ..enjoy ...keep us posted



ImageDSC_0819 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Mickdb1
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:57 pm
Location: Derbyshire
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: The next step....

Post by Mickdb1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:19 am

I love the bike Johnny and totally agree it will/may be the only way to ride trails in a few years. The signage on Peak trails does say Motorised vehicles prohibited though and I wonder how long it will be before the walking deadheads start a campaign against motorised cyclists. Good luck and good health to yer.
Also yer can be the first chappy I wish a merry Christmas too.
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking

Dansin
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:56 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: The next step....

Post by Dansin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 am

I agree, it's looking like the future for trail riding. I've been eyeing up a few but the one that's caught my eye is the Sur Ron Firefly. Not available here yet (as far as I know) unless you import direct from China. Available in the USA now and pretty reasonably priced at under $3400.

https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/

minkyhead
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: The next step....

Post by minkyhead » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

Dansin wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 am
I agree, it's looking like the future for trail riding. I've been eyeing up a few but the one that's caught my eye is the Sur Ron Firefly. Not available here yet (as far as I know) unless you import direct from China. Available in the USA now and pretty reasonably priced at under $3400.

https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/
that looks awsome good fun for 2800 quid ...i guess it needs road reistration tax licence cbt? and ..insurance for tar but it shouldnt be a big extra cost ....
seems to have a fair dollop of value in it
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

johnnyboxer
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: The next step....

Post by johnnyboxer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:19 pm

minkyhead wrote:ive had one for a whiie



here in the flatlands of lancashire there is pretty much nothing in the way of trails but therer is a myriad of footpaths bridleways and stuff you can zoom in on on google earth .its also a bit like having a excercise bike that scrolls the countryside before you ..with the four assist levels you can work as hard as you want or as little as you want ..it gives me all the things about a pushbike i like without the horrible punishing slogs that come with the package ..bloody amazing what you can find with a landranger sat nav ....
feckin heavy biuke to lift over styles ...cant do that with me dirtbikes :mrgreen:

turns out i have a fetish for following canal towpaths of which we have severel on me doorstep ..

rode the suspension one on test in the woods at the leisure lakes and its brilliant ..but i dont think ill be a proiper mountain biker its pretty scary stuff and i dont think id have the legs or lungs for the extream stuff ..iso i decided on a hybrid

...nicer on the road sections but still more than capable of dicking around in the woods ..wet grass canal towpaths that kind of thing ..pretty capable and has tyres that are up to the job

i like me comforts so i wanted one with a rack and panniers too ...got to be able to carry me brew stuff and simple things like removing layers of clothing ..or putting em on ...im cycling in army leggings and fishemans wellies this weather and splashing through everyhing ...its ace

fitted a full braap 1100 lumin light ..lasts for two hours on full power as i dont want to be trapped indoors on the winter nights ...had a few nocturnal adventures already

i think johnyy has the two stroke ktm version ..mine is more 650dakar type .. ..im doing quite big hours on mine love it to peices 8-)

looks like a cube bike johnny ..?? either way its is a lovely machine ..enjoy ...keep us posted



ImageDSC_0819 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Specialised Steve

Like your style too - opens up more routes on 2 wheels
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

Post Reply

Return to “BIKES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aliwakeskate, Cone, fatowl, Google [Bot], julesoxon, Majestic-12 [Bot], OnHellas, redbikejohn, Thedktor, tuftywhite and 113 guests