Looking for a trials bike.any ideas?

The Things We Ride
diggermanbob

Re: Looking for a trials bike.any ideas?

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 pm Bob ...you never are 66....your only as young as the ....... ;) ....Hey good luck tomorrow son, give it some, look forward to the report...
Just out practising on the sidecar outfit tomorrow Steve , I have been riding it round the farm with the sidecar wheel in the air to get the feel of balancing the outfit right , will have passenger today so practise makes perfect :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 am
chunky butt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 pm Bob ...you never are 66....your only as young as the ....... ;) ....Hey good luck tomorrow son, give it some, look forward to the report...
Just out practising on the sidecar outfit tomorrow Steve , I have been riding it round the farm with the sidecar wheel in the air to get the feel of balancing the outfit right , will have passenger today so practise makes perfect :lol:
Bob, how much does it cost to NOT be your passenger? :D
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

diggermanbob wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 pm Well I started trials riding quite recently , as the others have said join a local club or two , I bought a gas gas 250 txt pro , nice bike very easy to ride didn't cost a lot , much easier to ride than an old twin shock , I've only entered a couple of trials but it's good fun , I'm concentrating on my trials outfit for next year Jotagas 300 , out on it tomorrow now that is interesting to ride !!! ,good luck with whatever you decide on its a good way of keeping bike fit :D
Looking at a 2005 Gas Gas 250 TXT pro. There is a trials venue at Great Hockham about four miles from me and i may do an easy route "woblers" trial but not until i have practiced a bit.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

diggermanbob wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:59 am
RandG wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 pm The only thing I'd add to what's been said is don't rule out a 125, they will get up and over anything you'll ride in a trial, but it's a bravado thing that few men will ride a 125.
Yes totally agree I have practised on my mates bike a Beta 125 and it will go up anything you have the balls to ride it up :D
I briefly owned a Montessa cota 125 1974 and was pleasantly surprised of its torque and ability to rev out as well. The 200cc from Beta is quite rare but a great compromise between 125 and 250. I know the 250,s and larger can be tamed with flywheel weights and long action throttles as well.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

frenchy3 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 am
diggermanbob wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 pm Well I started trials riding quite recently , as the others have said join a local club or two , I bought a gas gas 250 txt pro , nice bike very easy to ride didn't cost a lot , much easier to ride than an old twin shock , I've only entered a couple of trials but it's good fun , I'm concentrating on my trials outfit for next year Jotagas 300 , out on it tomorrow now that is interesting to ride !!! ,good luck with whatever you decide on its a good way of keeping bike fit :D
Looking at a 2005 Gas Gas 250 TXT pro. There is a trials venue at Great Hockham about four miles from me and i may do an easy route "woblers" trial but not until i have practiced a bit.
Yes good choice mine is a 2007 and I paid £1250 for it , spent a few pounds on new tyres and wheel bearings but still owes me less than £1500 , have fun
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 am
diggermanbob wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 am
Bob, how much does it cost to NOT be your passenger? :D
You know you want to Dave , I reckon I should stick it in the van next time I'm over :lol:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Well the sidecar practice went very well , my normal passenger ( victim ) cried off sick !!! So a young lady said she would give it a go , she rides a solo normally , all went very well and she got the hang of it in no time , we did have one little off sliding sideways down a bank , it was good fun , my new passenger asked me when we finished riding if I would enter her !!!! Instead of my normal guy , :lol: :lol: I'm thinking about it.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm Well the sidecar practice went very well , my normal passenger ( victim ) cried off sick !!! So a young lady said she would give it a go , she rides a solo normally , all went very well and she got the hang of it in no time , we did have one little off sliding sideways down a bank , it was good fun , my new passenger asked me when we finished riding if I would enter her !!!! Instead of my normal guy , :lol: :lol: I'm thinking about it.
Dirty old man...
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

125's can be pricey because the juniors ride them.
I've got a 2005 Gasgas txt200 in the shed which is actually 144cc but It will lug my 16 stone around without issue.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm Well the sidecar practice went very well , my normal passenger ( victim ) cried off sick !!! So a young lady said she would give it a go , she rides a solo normally , all went very well and she got the hang of it in no time , we did have one little off sliding sideways down a bank , it was good fun , my new passenger asked me when we finished riding if I would enter her !!!! Instead of my normal guy , :lol: :lol: I'm thinking about it.
Dirty old man...
Who you calling old :o

Return to “BIKES”