Yamaha Niken

The Things We Ride
qcnr

Yamaha Niken

Post by qcnr »

Brenhden

Re: Yamaha Niken

Post by Brenhden »

That is interesting and it would be great until it fell over, once over it would be a pig to put right and also the front that was in the air would be likely to break off.

Do you think it could wheelie? :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Apart from not needing a stand, do these contraptions have any plus points over a proper Bike??
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Why would you :?
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

monstrosity ! :roll:
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

HedgeHopper wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:19 pm Apart from not needing a stand, do these contraptions have any plus points over a proper Bike??
Some of the pictures do show it leaning on a stand so I take that the bike isn't self supporting and would fall over. A triumph of engineering over need - I assume that it'll still fit on a workshop stand otherwise there's a whole new nightmare to consider and I can't see any benefits to be had.

I guess The Stig's brother rides bikes from looking at the rider in the promo pictures :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

HarveyCamm wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 am
HedgeHopper wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:19 pm Apart from not needing a stand, do these contraptions have any plus points over a proper Bike??
Some of the pictures do show it leaning on a stand so I take that the bike isn't self supporting and would fall over. A triumph of engineering over need - I assume that it'll still fit on a workshop stand otherwise there's a whole new nightmare to consider and I can't see any benefits to be had.

I guess The Stig's brother rides bikes from looking at the rider in the promo pictures :lol:
Some say.... he prefers the reliant robin

and that if he made a modern four stoke dual sport... it would have 5k service intervals, 40hp and weigh 150kg wet!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I think you'll probably be able to 'lock' the front end in the upright position when parked or at lights etc. It would be great for injured/disabled bikers no longer able to ride a conventional 2 wheeler but who still want that bikey feeling and don't want some ghastly v-dub engined trike. Almost uncrashable apparently too.
sven

Post by sven »

Twice as much front end grip, which is why Parisians love three wheeled scooters for the slippery cobbles in the city

Return to β€œBIKES”