Bikes you just wouldn't ride?

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Bikes you just wouldn't ride?

Post by SteveW »

Has anyone got a type or model of bike they wouldn't be seen dead on?
Me? I'm just a bike whore really, I'd ride anything.
I'm a little bit self conscious about bikes that project a strong image. For example me cruising on a Harley Chopper around the mean streets of Accrington on a wet Wednesday in November. Or me wearing full race leathers on an RR1000 going to The health centre for a flu jab. Or even me clad in Klim riding a GS1200 with the Holy Trinity (Top box and Panniers) going to Burnley Matalan for some Tartan slippers.
All the above bikes are brilliant of course.
I'd be a little self conscious on those bikes in those situations.....but I'd much prefer to ride them than drive an X6 in absolutely any situation.
No, I'd ride anything.
ggp59

Re: Bikes you just wouldn't ride?

Post by ggp59 »

I saw a Gold Wing once with a custom paint job involving wolves and red Indians, covered in sparkly lights with a couple sat on it in matching gear (including CHIPS sunglasses!) than made me realise there was a limit for me - and I've ridden some crap over the years! :D :D
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I have ridden a Harley V Rod but my wife would divorce me if I bought a Harley. No chance of the divorce....for that reason anyway.
I have no desire or flexibility to ride a sports bike.
Equally I have no desire for a mega tourer or cruiser - just not for me.

With a helmet on, you. Can ride pretty much anything once, incognito.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

if its got two wheels and an engine its gonna be fun. It all depends on your own sense of fun.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Monkey bike.

I would just look ridiculous
Atists impression.jpg
Atists impression.jpg (16.53 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
Artists Impression
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I have ridden bikes ranging from the humble Honda C90 to a Harris Magnum Yoshimura Suzuki 1200. I tend to enjoy riding everything and it is a state of mind that i don,t particularly care what people think as long as i am enjoying myself. Having said that i would think twice before owning one of those gigantic Harley Davidsons dripping in chrome and carrying the studded leather panniers,roll bag above the headlight and whip aerials etc. Each to their own though.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Never say never.
What's so bad about an X6? :?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:08 pm Never say never.
What's so bad about an X6? :?
Well, I've never driven one, but......I'd have them down as the ultimate cock's car, totally without class.
You just know they'll be driven by an Alpha Male, with a "I've got considerably more money than you" attitude.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

I have a TY125. There are lots of cool photos of champion trials riders of yesteryear riding these up a rocky river bed standing on the pegs with their flat cap on and burnt out roll-up in the corner of their mouth. All I can say is that they were a lot less tall than I. If I ride it sitting down I can only move the handlebars a few degrees before they hit my knees, if I try standing up then I’m almost bent double to reach the bars so I feel completely stupid. We bought the bike for my son to learn on but he had much the same problem being 6ft tall at 14.

Other than physical size issues I’m happy to ride anything/everything although the riding experience for me is only part of the ownership experience so combining the two there are relatively few bikes that I’d want to own.

Edit: Black Audi drivers are the biggest cocks here in France :D
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

DaveCon wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:54 pm Monkey bike.

I would just look ridiculous
Atists impression.jpg
Artists Impression
Don't even joke about it. Here's my 2,around 125cc each and great fun,but was never fussed on a cub90 due to their front suspension raising under braking.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-10-21-19-28-17.png
Screenshot_2017-10-21-19-28-17.png (488.68 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
Red boyo
Red boyo
Screenshot_2017-10-21-19-24-51.png (497.56 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

Return to “BIKES”