Africa Twin..considering buying

The Things We Ride
Helicoptermanr22

Re: Africa Twin..considering buying

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

I thi k the AT is a fabulous bike, really good off road to the point ( with right tyres) you could take it on an enduro track, which i did. Suspension was superb. Great power to weight. Earlier version had niggles but they have sorted that so I believe.
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

Out on the tiger sport today. Dealer first to book a service and have a look at the new show room. Had a good look at the new explorers close up and when mine goes in next month for a service I am going to demo either the tex or the 800.
Next off on a ride and grab lunch. I spotted a GS Rallye arrive when I was having a brew in Windermere and on leaving I hoped up the kerb and went along side to have a closer look. Rallye seat was replaced with standard GS seat and it looked to have standard bars but what struck me is how much slimmer it looked than the Tiger Explorer. Was this just an illusion ?
Despite my initial concerns mentioned previously I will still test ride the Rallye so at least I wont always be wondering and I really like that Lupine Blue colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

lots about going cheap? wonder why
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

motorbike wrote:lots about going cheap? wonder why
Maybe an all new AT due to be launched ?

yodagoat

Post by yodagoat »

I love mine. I chopped my 1200 GSA in for it at the start of 2016 and have never looked back. The lack of electronic gizmos was one of my main reasons for going for it. I was looking for a simpler bike with less cost/hassle to replace broken or worn parts. It's now got 19000 miles on it and got me to Russia and back. The article is in the current issue of ABR.
If you want to read more about what I've done with it you'll find my blog at www.WintonMassif.co.uk
The shite I write, www.WintonMassif.co.uk

Guided tours in Scotland www.passingplacestours.com
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

yodagoat wrote:I love mine. I chopped my 1200 GSA in for it at the start of 2016 and have never looked back. The lack of electronic gizmos was one of my main reasons for going for it. I was looking for a simpler bike with less cost/hassle to replace broken or worn parts. It's now got 19000 miles on it and got me to Russia and back. The article is in the current issue of ABR.
If you want to read more about what I've done with it you'll find my blog at www.WintonMassif.co.uk
That was you ?? I read that about you & your dad riding to Norway. Trip sounded fantastic. Was hoping for a bit more about how the bike performed so its good to hear your loving it Image

yodagoat

Post by yodagoat »

The bike was fine. The seat was a bit uncomfortable after a while, but I've never found any seat (apart from my zzr1100) that was compatible with my arse for more than 5 hours or so. The bike is slower than some for sure, but no bike around the 100 bhp mark could ever be considered sluggish. It's great on fuel and fast enough for me if I wring it's neck a wee bit.
The shite I write, www.WintonMassif.co.uk

Guided tours in Scotland www.passingplacestours.com
Pyrenees-Pirate

Post by Pyrenees-Pirate »

I love my AT and for what I do with it it,s perfect! - I think that the reason there are a few second had is that a lot of people were comparing it to road use with a GSA.
Fully loaded and 2 up the AT is lacking in power compared to the GSA, on the other hand .... you can,t do half the things off-road with a GSA compared to an AT!

Return to “BIKES”