Could this Tiger be heading for the showrooms??

The Things We Ride
Boggs

Re: Could this Tiger be heading for the showrooms??

Post by Boggs »

Looks good,would sell well.

8-)
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Looks good I like it's style and capability but I think it will be like the t7 concept a bike to get the hype out there and then if it's going to be made it will change drastically for more Street usage ... or if they keep it the same the price range will change drastically going up and up to stupid money ... would be nice in my garage thou and is something to dream about :)
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

That looks pretty cool!!
Moorso
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road

Post by Moorso »

Why is the 'screen' in the next county?
My understanding is the screens have to be that far forward as the maps and in this case the rally GPS system are mandatory components. The Dakar bikes are the same. :geek:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Looks a bit "plastic fantastic"--lower fairings etc-probably won't crash well--and the tank looks too small. The screen placement does give room for nav bits and so on, but also pushes air around the SIDE, rather than over the top and stops buffeting. It really isn't a patch on KTM's 640 adventure for functional style--tank size, screen, suspension and so on--I had one for over 40k--the only thing the KTM lacked was a smoother engine--and here the Triumph would score. I have a Tiger 1050 and its a great long distance ROAD bike. We must remember that this wannabe market is very small and thats probably why KTM etc haven't really bothered since. However, my local dealer sells KTM, Husqvarna , and OFFROAD Honda--and recognises that there is a gap in the offerings in that they would like to sell a smallish dualsport adventure style like the CRF250Rally. Not everyone can manage the height of an enduro based bike--or needs the supension travel, but would like the go anywhere approach with some road capability. The CCM is spot on as far as style, size, function and so on are concerned--but too pricey for most mortals. We must remember that we are but a drop in the world sales of two wheeled transport. I now have a KL super Sherpa 250--lovely little bike with a good 6 speed wide ratio box that will cruise at 65/70 all day. It just needs a bigger tank if you want to do real distance. Interestingly Kawasaki have RE-INTRODUCED this model into the US--and its also popular in the East(Russia)--air cooled and simple and light and low--megabuck big trailies are running their course and have limited use.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Moorso wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 am
Why is the 'screen' in the next county?
My understanding is the screens have to be that far forward as the maps and in this case the rally GPS system are mandatory components. The Dakar bikes are the same. :geek:
It's an easy fix anyway my baghira 660 enduro was like that the headlamp etc in the next country and I never like the way the light stayed forward when I turned in quick so I just simply changed it for a ktm exc mudguard and ktm lamp now it works the treat and I can always change it back if I want as I have the parts in garage .
IMG_20170806_1151278.jpg
IMG_20170806_1151278.jpg (160.94 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to “BIKES”