New Bike for the TET

The Things We Ride
Zookman

Re: New Bike for the TET

Post by Zookman »

Steph Jeavons doesn't seem to have a problem doing distance on a CRF250L, she rode around the world on one.

Also this young guy has just set off on a round the world trip using one....

Peak

Post by Peak »

I'm not saying you can't do it on a 250, just I wouldn't want to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I'd love a 250 and had a brief look at them and the specs and tbh the only thing that wouldn't rule it out for me was it being newer than the Dr I've got, power wise they're the same and the normal crl is about the same weight, the rally is only about 9kg lighter than the dr650 in standard form though accord to the specs. You can do distance on a 250, the same as the 350 I own, and bren had, and its pretty enjoyable of you change your state of mind to a slower cruise and enjoying the ride rather than the speed.

I'm not saying its not a good bike or that it doesn't handle well and mask the weight well just that if your on your tod and having to pick the wee beast up its not that much light than the bike bren already has, and lightness is everything apparently. Less weight = less fatigue especially in heat which means less accidental stops for a brief lay down :D

Or at least that's my thought on it, you know opinions are like arseholes and all that :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Well I guess I can wrap this conversation up now...

I went for a test ride on the Rally and was really surprised. As mentioned its carries its weight loads better than the DR650 and the windscreen was super. In a drag race my DR would beat it but for top speed there is hardly anything in it. I couldn't really take it off road but I found some big curbs and it bumped up and down just fine. Riding on the pegs was great although the bars would be better if they were an inch higher.

So I bought one. I just need to get a luggage rack and a way of mounting my satnav on the rail and I’m set.

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm Well I guess I can wrap this conversation up now...

I went for a test ride on the Rally and was really surprised. As mentioned its carries its weight loads better than the DR650 and the windscreen was super. In a drag race my DR would beat it but for top speed there is hardly anything in it. I couldn't really take it off road but I found some big curbs and it bumped up and down just fine. Riding on the pegs was great although the bars would be better if they were an inch higher.

So I bought one. I just need to get a luggage rack and a way of mounting my satnav on the rail and I’m set.

Cheers

Bren
Fair play mate, everyone's different so ride what you like :)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Congratulations Brenhden 8-)
one-legged adventurer
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

enjoy mate I do like the look of them :D

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
WillS

Post by WillS »

Congratulations Brenhden, good choice, when do you take delivery??
For the Garmin Montana GPS mount. Get the Garmin Rugged Mount and a couple of RAM Mounts to attach to the bars.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Haha, man after my own heart, once I've decided then I just think bugger it and go for it.

Congratulations on the new bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Steve

Return to β€œBIKES”