5 year warranty on new adv bike ?

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

5 year warranty on new adv bike ?

Post by minkyhead »

met a guy at southport the other day i was lookng at his little sinnes terraine 125cc adv bike

had a chat and it turns out he had recently rode it to malta and back and was really pleased with it ...ok its not my cup of tea but rather than point out whats wrong with it ..id rather look at whats right with it ..

i was surprised by some of the features on the bike and in fairness it looks quite well screwed together it also comes with a two year corrosion warranty and a five year parts and labour warranty ..apparant a400 and 500cc version in the pipeline ...

keeping a much more open mind nowdays about the chinies bikes cropping up ..theres the rx4 due out soon too

anyway fair play rto ron and his litttle sinnis adv bike ..hes having fun on it and getting about ...some quite interesting machines being touted by chiniese manufactres ..

ImageDSC_0549 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Re: 5 year warranty on new adv bike ?

Post by boboneleg »

Remember back in the day when brit bikers used to talk about 'jap crap' , maybe in 10 years time the Chinese will have cornered the market ?
one-legged adventurer
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yep it was the same with Cars in the UK with the likes of Skoda who origionally did a £3.5K brand new vehicle many Moons ago[The fact it rusted and fell apart after like 18 months was irreleveant].It takes a few years for these brands to gain ground and invest in decent manufacturing techniques but if they last out the quality will start coming through.

Looks a sweet bike though taking many cues from the BMW range 8-)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

if you watch any travel type film from Asia you will always see little 125s going everywhere --and with decent crash protection as standard--essentially thats the big market and we get the well tested and developed results--we are probably 0.02% of their global market--its no wonder that they work--and are good value. I know which bike I would rather haul up a muddy track somewhere in Asia or Africa--a GS1200 or little Sinnis? As you know I recently rode my WR250R to Bulgaria and back with all the camping gear. 60 to 65 mph cruising gets you places if you are on the road by 9 am and don't dick about at every watering hole-at that speed the mind set is better because you know you can't rush--RELAX!---and the Yam had 3 gallons of fuel and was doing 70 mpg--probably a better range than most bigger so called "adventure" bikes. It would go offroad--and I could pick it up--250 and smaller is the future!!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i remember em well the skoda estelle ..but cheap as it was it built a reputation for keeping going and pleanty were sold

yes chris im used to the 250s i did a a day last week youkshire northumberland dumpris all on road 460miles in 16 hours prefered the little honda to my 650 strom ..i find the national speed limit a nice relaxing pace had great day out ..ill be joining you soon us retired folks dont need to be ina hurry :lol:

an its interesting to see severel folks liking the wk 400

and if you pich the sinnis like for like and high eqipment levels at 2400 quid against the bare 125 varadero at 4999 ..
also a 5 year warranty it start to look like less of a chance..be interestin to see some of their 4 and500cc offerings

i liked some of the suff on the bike built in usbs digital dash ... crash bars /tip over bars ?for the panniers ..good on a road bike .. it actually reminds me of a swm superduel to look at a younger person maby under 19 years old resricted to a125 it has a fair bit of appeal
micksea

Post by micksea »

it certainly looks the part
RandG

Post by RandG »

Seen one n my town the other day, looked the business, :D
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

I agree,does look good,bit like smaller cb500x.
I wonder who covers the extra warrenty as the manufacturers advert states 24 months,and does that bit cost extra from a dealer?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

its from here ...seems like s decent enough deal ....

https://www.whateverwheels.co.uk/m3b0s3 ... n-EFI-2017
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Must be what the extra £100 over RRP is for

http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/motorc ... %20Terrain

Still looks a good deal though :lol:

Return to “BIKES”