Yamaha XT 600 E Thread

The Things We Ride
dave990

Yamaha XT 600 E Thread

Post by dave990 »

I recently got a Yamaha XT 600 E , 2003 model , less than 3k miles on the clock.
I did faf all research on the bike all I did was have a look at it, had a ride on it, asked the price then rode it home.
A friend had owned it for a few years so I did know its recent history.

The bike has all the original parts, but some are in a box as the first owner swapped some bits out.

All I have done so far is fit Anakee Wild tyres and filled up with fuel a few times and done a few hundred miles.

The MOT had advisory on the chain.

So, my first question is: any recommendations for chain and sprockets within the UK ?

Second question: Fitting a Garmin Zumo LM590 satnav, any tips ?
If it has b00bs or wheels it is going to cost, lots.
Mind you things with wheels cost a whole lot less than things with b00bs.
Mawsley

Re: Yamaha XT 600 E Thread

Post by Mawsley »

Not fitted a Sat Nav to the XT, but I wired in a USB/Fag lighter directly to the battery.

Not swapped out the chain and sprockets yet, but I'll simply be grabbing something off Wemoto when I do. This winter's jobs include swapping over a new set of tyres, another service, new bearings and the chain & sprockets, ready for the trip to Morocco next year.

Popped on some foam grips off eBay for 99p. Got the Acerbis tank on now, and a rack carrying Allit panniers.

Still torn on replacing the fork and shock springs. Yes it's spongy but I'm not sure what the problem is with that, certainly makes the ride more comfortable.

Africa Twin
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Nice looking bike that, I rented one out years ago in Greece and spent 3 day off roading whilst the mrs sunbathed, really good bike and performance was pretty good.
What the experience people have with them ?
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

We need a photo of your bike :)

These people are good for chain and sprockets........... http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/shop/tran ... e-kits.htm
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”