Yam T7

The Things We Ride
simonw

Re: Yam T7

Post by simonw »

SteveW wrote:...but the suspension was from a 1974 Raleigh Chopper....
Er, sorry, but what was wrong with the 1974 Raleigh Chopper? :ohmy: An icon if ever there was one. (thumbs)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

simonw wrote:
SteveW wrote:...but the suspension was from a 1974 Raleigh Chopper....
Er, sorry, but what was wrong with the 1974 Raleigh Chopper? :ohmy: An icon if ever there was one. (thumbs)
Haha, very true, I had some adventures on mine.
jonesthesteam

Post by jonesthesteam »

They will charge a higher starting price as they can guarantee some early adopters will buy it regardless, especially if they do some good marketing, once the initial sales rush has died down they will no doubt reduce it a tad , or offer accessory packages, just a basic sales tactic really, if they can sell at a higher price for a bit and make more money then why wouldn't they
Jonesy
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

I wonder if Yamaha paid Bike Mag to say that so when it comes out for 8.5 bigguns everyone will go 'oh a bargain' ?
Cynical, Moi?
Seriously though, I have been eargerly awaiting this bike, but if it does actually emerge with the low spec suspension and twin disks shown in the spy shots yet costs 10k, i'll give it the finger
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

seat height 950mm?
were not all Jaws from Moonraker you know!
Interesting to see how the new Yam pans out. Yam have always put a big price tag on their adventure bikes, which is a shame.
I'd of liked to have seen a really lightweight frame on the 660 engine. losing 20kg of the Tenere concept would have made a fantastic all rounder. That engine is sweet. as long as you don't look at it for too long!
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

I think it will be a case of another disappointing production model after a great concept bike, maybe have to wait for the 790 KTM who will probably do a decent job but at a price.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Andy A wrote:I think it will be a case of another disappointing production model after a great concept bike, maybe have to wait for the 790 KTM who will probably do a decent job but at a price.
I take a different view.

I think there will be two versions. One radical for serious dirt and another for long distance ADV riding.

I say this as we have clearly seen many shots of the bike in 2 completely different and advanced states.
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

I take a different view.

I think there will be two versions. One radical for serious dirt and another for long distance ADV riding.

I say this as we have clearly seen many shots of the bike in 2 completely different and advanced states.[/quote]

I hope you are right Ray, i think the cynic in me just thought they had lost their bottle and softened the whole thing. Either way I look forward to seeing what comes out and if its worth a punt or if i go a bit bigger on an africa twin or even a 990.
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Ray, can you point me to the 2 different versions, I've only seen shots of what seems to be the same bike.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

EarthWorm wrote:Ray, can you point me to the 2 different versions, I've only seen shots of what seems to be the same bike.
I think Ray is talking about the difference between the concept bike, which is actually more than that as its been a finished model tested by the press, the quarry video was great, and the spy shots taken showing a softer twin front disc version. Or i could be wrong

Return to “BIKES”