KTM 1290 Adventure R Thread

The Things We Ride
spasm

Re: KTM 1290 Adventure R Thread

Post by spasm »

thought you were selling her lol, keep her enjoy her (thumbs)
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
spasm

Post by spasm »

nice camel toe, for £85 ffs. but yeah (thumbs)
V10SWC

Post by V10SWC »

Mines back from its first service,
Comfort package fitted, heated seat makes the bike taller,
Sat Nav now fitted, headlight off to locate switched live and all wired in and mounted to KTM standard mount, will take it for a run to see if it vibrates as some say.
Also had a power parts top box fitted (made by shad) and KTM skid plate.
Going to get a few runs in now to make sure all is well prior to run to Italy later in the year.
East

Post by East »

I bought KTM 1290 adv R and think its amazing. Two mates got the 1290 S but have both had to get new fuel filters at only 600 miles and 1200 miles.
Only problem I've got is that the bars shake between 40-60 mph ,ktm said they would look into it at service. Has anyone else experience this with the 1290R?
spasm

Post by spasm »

my 1290R broke down at 600 miles cos the fuel filter, apparently it's an epidemic and known to ktm that all the 2017 1290 motors have been fitted with the wrong filter, ktm told me they had changed to a updated filter. and yes i also have the head shake at 30-40 mph if i take my hands off the bars. ive had the wheel checked for alignment and had it balanced, plus checked the tyre and it was all good, i'm still trying to find out why its doing it. one chap on the ktm 1290 facebook page tells me to bleed the air from my forks on the center stand so i'm going to look into this
ive now got 3700 miles on mine with no other issuse
East

Post by East »

Thats good to no, its not only me. Ive had the wheel out and checked for balance. Just talked to a guy who was at ktm Thirsk yesterday and they told him that ktm had bother with the first R's shaking the bars. Said if i ring him with bikes numbers he'll tell me if it's one of 1st batch. I noticed it within about 10miles of riding it! Wish i'd turned round and took it straight back but had to get home. so not sure if forks would have needed air bleeding in such short time. I've read that it could be the wheels hoop that's not perfectly round.
V10SWC

Post by V10SWC »

Photos are hard to add here
V10SWC

Post by V10SWC »

photo attempt
AirbusPaul

Post by AirbusPaul »

spasm wrote:nice camel toe, for £85 ffs. but yeah (thumbs)

£85? don't be silly offered £45 on e-bay delivered 2 days later bargain (thumbs)
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

About the shaking...i have a T model and it had a very bad vibration in the front wheel which I only noticed on the second day out. We went into the Netherlands where the roads are very good. I stood up and looked over the fairing and could see the wheel shaking left to right, so the spokes were not equally tensioned. Took it back to the dealer and got a complete new wheel, with discs and tyre. They swapped it from an other bike in the show room. Did not have any issues since.

Return to “BIKES”