KTM 1090 Adventure R Thread

The Things We Ride
Tim B KTM

Re: KTM 1090 Adventure R Thread

Post by Tim B KTM »

Lowering kit for 1090R (or any bike !)
I haven't bumped into any specific kits but I am heading to Stowmarket, Suffolk, in a month or so to see Darren at MCT. He is quite the expert all things motorcycle suspension. He's had both on and off road riding experience and has done 3 of my previous bikes. I'm going for a basic set up unless he suggests anything else. He knows his stuff. If the suspension can be lowered I'd bet he will know best way to do it. Depends how close you are to Stowmarket. Web address as below. He's busy and popular so expect a month or so before you get in.
http://www.mctsuspension.co.uk/Home.html
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

Barkbusters

Had a fall today. Minor. Slipped in a muddy rut. Bike went down on corner of Barkbuster. Apart from minimal mud and very minor scratches all was well and could continue with journey. Thumbs up for Barkbusters.

It went down on this side but you'd hardly know. Sump guard gives a clue of the mud levels. This stretch of track was just after and a bit more dry.
DroppedKTM.jpg
DroppedKTM.jpg (79.76 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

Anyone tried a Seat Concepts seat for an 1190 or 1090 adventure R and if so what did you think ? I have emailed them asking for a cost. Think minor issue is that they pad up the seat to make you sit taller which on a bike that is high already isn't always the best.
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

Anyone noticed a lightness in the steering at higher speeds. Not like a dangerous wobble but more of an ergonomics thing with a 90/90 21 inch front wheel with knobby tyre I'm guessing. When getting on the power the front feels light and prone to a wiggle depending on acceleration and road surface.

Assume this could affect an 1190 or 1090 adventure r.

The bike does have a steering damper as standard fit.

if you do/did, did you do anything about it and was it successful?
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

TKC's on a 21 inch front wheel on a big bike being pushed will feel a little different on tarmac than normal road rubber. I took the 1090r on a decent test ride at the Oxford Overland rally (20miles) and thought it felt alive! Very impressive as a real allrounder.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Took one out last week

Mmmm

We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Steverocketboy

Post by Steverocketboy »

Iv had my 1090r since end of November 17 have used it almost every day rain ,snow ,dirt and sun nearly 7000mls and counting only had one fault warped discs on the front gone through two sets so far they are now classed as consumables 😂😂the bike is awesome can’t stop riding it .
scutty

Post by scutty »

Tim B KTM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:57 pm Anyone tried a Seat Concepts seat for an 1190 or 1090 adventure R and if so what did you think ? I have emailed them asking for a cost. Think minor issue is that they pad up the seat to make you sit taller which on a bike that is high already isn't always the best.
I have the SC seat on my 1190R - its the Tall option (as I'm 6'3") and love it. So much more comfortable than the standard.
20180620_085751.jpg
20180620_085751.jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I've had my 1090 R just over a week now, already hit the 600 miles for the service and loving every minute.

My initial thoughts on the 1090 are recorded on my blog: http://www.nomadracing.co.uk/2018/07/wh ... eview.html

Mine has the sump guard, heated grips. power socket and LED indicators fitted. At the service I'll be getting the touratech pannier frames (as I have a pair of Zega Pros sitting in the garage gathering dust) and the Touratech rack and top box as I intend using it for (mostly road) tours.

That doesn't of course mean it won't get used properly, it's already had a little dirt action in the Peak District at the weekend:

Ready for the off but first the obligatory breakfast at the Old Smithy Tea Rooms, Monyash

Whitelow Lane, near Grangemill

Highfield Lane, near Hartington

Near Roystone Grange north of Ballidon

Un-named Road near Rockhurst Farm, Minninglow
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG

Return to “BIKES”