anyone had a bike nicked

The Things We Ride
anthony29040

anyone had a bike nicked

Post by anthony29040 »

picture taken from facebook,these bikes where seized in merseyside.
20121212_1589656977732025_2590336805953478640_o.jpg
20121212_1589656977732025_2590336805953478640_o.jpg (70.95 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
KTMBLAG

Re: anyone had a bike nicked

Post by KTMBLAG »

I had my KTM 450 excr nicked. It's not about losing the bike it's that the w.....rs have been in your property
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Theres a GS in there Tony just like Rob's one
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
cowling

Post by cowling »

I had a dt125 nicked back in the day, had it 3 months,
Old for new insurance, the second one was nicked after
A week, the scum broke into the house for it, smashed
To bits my brand new back door, was suppose to be one
Of them impregnable doors, locks in 7 places, and all that.
Lads that worked in the bike shop I bought it from were to
Blame, but I could never prove it.
We all know you have to protect your off road style bike so
Much more from theft, that picture confirms that, I'm hard
Pushed to find a road bike amongst that lot.
I now live in a small village, most people know each other
And nowt ever disappears, but I'm still obsessed with bike
Security.
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

From Yorkshire post
Crooked mechanic was ‘fence’ for motorbikes stolen in Leeds 00:00Saturday 15 July 2017 A A MECHANIC who acted as a ‘fence’ for thousands of pounds worth of motorbikes and parts stolen during house burglaries across Leeds has been jailed for two-years-and-four months. Leeds Crown Court heard complete bikes along with engines and other parts were discovered when police armed with a search warrant raided 27-year-old Kirk Ruhsfirth’s home in Fairfield Hill, Bramley. Prosecutor, Caroline Abraham, said police found a stolen £3,000 Yamaha motorbike on a false number plate durind the raid at Rushforth’s home on September 4 last year. They also found a engine from a £1,400 motorbike stolen in Leeds in May 2015 and an engine from a £4,000 motorbike stolen in Leeds in July 2016. The total loss to the owners of stolen bikes, engines and parts was £13,898. Rushfirth, who admitted five charges of handling stolen goods. has four previous convictions for six offences including theft and handling stolen goods. The court was told Ruhsfirth lives with his partner and they have a total of seven children between them. Mitigating, Ian Cook, said: “He was unemployed. He was seeking to make a few extra pounds. He is disappointed that he has let his partner down.” Jailing Rushfirth for two-years-and-four-months, Recorder Simon Eckersely said: “You must have been known to be somebody who would readily and willingly handle valuable stolen items. “People steal and commit burglaries because of the existence of people like you, fences as they used to be known.”
Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-8650564
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Four previous convictions, he'll be out next year to start all over again
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Yeah, and I bet those offences were the top of the iceberg, hope he serves a very unpleasant sentence, violence in prison and all that!
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

They should have there arms broken for a second offence, learn a little from the Chinese.
griffins

Post by griffins »

Had my shed broken into last weekend, little t**ts stole my 2 mountain bikes that were worth more than my v-strom that was chained up next to them. Stole 2 of my moto-x helmets aswell! As ktmblag says it's not the fact that they've stole from me it can all be replaced it's the fact they've been on my property with my wife and daughter asleep upstairs.
BigRedUn

Post by BigRedUn »

I had an XS750 stolen from outside Motorcycle City in Reading. A couple of days later the cops phoned me to tell me they had found it. I went to get it but it had been hot wired and I couldn't start it. Went back home to get a mate with a van. When we got back to it the bloody thing had been stolen again.
I also had a GPZ1100 nicked, by the Hells Angels. A few of them went down for nicking bikes.

Return to “BIKES”