CCM GP 450......was it any good?

The Things We Ride
kito

Re: CCM GP 450......was it any good?

Post by kito »

wtf felco. I have had 2 Suzuki powered ccm. only trail ride my ccm didn't complete was one day when I split a rim hitting a rock at 60 mph. sofar so good as not 1 single electrical issues on either of them. I think this is just forum BS as iv had more electrical issues on jap and BMW bikes
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Given that they have stopped making them it is interesting that I have yet to see a wanted add for one on here or any other forum. I still come across such adds for Serows, DR 350s, TTR 250 and the like. May be I should hang on to mine until they become sort after collectors items.
Cheers Jak
felco

Post by felco »

kito wrote: wtf felco. I have had 2 Suzuki powered ccm. only trail ride my ccm didn't complete was one day when I split a rim hitting a rock at 60 mph. sofar so good as not 1 single electrical issues on either of them. I think this is just forum BS as iv had more electrical issues on jap and BMW bikes
when thay were new thay had problems, is what I meant , rode with lots, when new, was yours reliable & never broke down when new ? Wtf wtf wtf :laugh:
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I'ts been good getting all the feedback on here about these machines, thanks especially to Minky.
I am keeping them in mind and when the price of second hand ones comes down to what I think they are worth I might have a punt.
I do think they were overpriced when new, but then again I think that about everything these days
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Just had a 50 mile after work ride, just to run the bike in kind of trip. Nothing fancy, just a few A & B roads (mainly 50 - 60+. It's taken me the best part of 150 miles to start gelling with the bike. It's easy to ride & has plenty of grunt for me (thumbs)
I probably spend almost as much time as Minky on a bike & it's not a commuter. It doesn't like to ride under 30 mph, even with the PC......you just have to keep rolling on & off the throttle, use a bit more clutch than normal & change gear a lot.
It's ok for that but it won't replace me lil CRF for the daily dash through London. I'd recommend one of them to you Jak, but if you can't stand the CCM saddle, you would die trying that one.
I'm really looking forward to the ride up through the Highlands now
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

Jak* wrote:Given that they have stopped making them it is interesting that I have yet to see a wanted add for one on here or any other forum. I still come across such adds for Serows, DR 350s, TTR 250 and the like. May be I should hang on to mine until they become sort after collectors items.
Cheers Jak
Jak, I'm not that surprised that there are no wanted notices. They'be only just ceased production and the odd one is advertised for sale (plus 2 new ones recently). DRs, Serrows etc. are at a much lower price point so there is a wider catch for demand/ supply. The Serrow in particulat os quite rare but just the sort of vike I'd like to see them manufacture again. I guess the profit is insignoficant compared to making the big stuff.

Jon
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

There has been a re release of the Serow a couple of years back Jonny.....for the Japanese market only. It looked pretty good too, screen with gps mounting bar, larger tank. Likely a bit too slow but still a decent bike
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

P4ulie wrote:There has been a re release of the Serow a couple of years back Jonny.....for the Japanese market only. It looked pretty good too, screen with gps mounting bar, larger tank. Likely a bit too slow but still a decent bike
Won't be long before a few exports creep out then...
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Dillusional to think there may be an after market for the GP450, it is not a wanted, craved for bike. because of the issues with fuelling and the cost of ownership. Pound for pound there are far better bargains to be had, try selling yours if you doub what I say , see what you'd get for it ? :pinch:
Sarge
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

there pretty much two types of ccm 450 owners ...the ones that have no problems and like it
and the ones that have problems and hate it ..thats fair enough

in fairness you can apply that formula to pretty much any brand ..it well documented on here that some 690 owners have had few problems with decent milage up indeed i ride with some of them ....ask luckygar and felco their opinion of the 690 and you will get extream opinions for and against based on their ownership ..both very very good riders ...some seen to go well and some seem to spew the camfollowers and inplode ..so nauturally the ones that go bang or go wrong will get slated

i paid 7495 for me first one
i paid 7045 for me 2nd one as i didnt need any extras and it cost me 2045 to swap or 1022.50 per year quite happy with that ..?? not that bad for depriciation but i bought at the right time 500 off pre brexit so dont get the impression i ride the ccm at any cost as that is simply not true ..there had to be value in there ..i dont think id have any problem getting 6500/7k for the bike now ..so im not daft when it comes to money ..i live very near the youkshire border :laugh:

..its not that much imho

i do believe the later versions are way overpriced particulary the sr as it six speed box is closer than the originals five ..and post brexit the price of the base bike skyed out ...and the husky ones were of a differnet statasphere in terms of cost ..off the scale imho
the part catalog skyed out too the exelent screen extender for 95 quid now is listed at 200 ??

it s no use comparing 15 year old dirtbikes to a the ccm ..the obvius one is the husky 701 at 8400

the 500 ktm is a popular conversion for some ..but its 8000 quid and by the time your finished with tanks and fairings it nearer 10000

a 500 ktm with 200 hours up is not worth alot and comes with a28 day warranty ??? ....

me im considering weather to follow scutty with a crf 500 as me next bike ... me crfs do take most of the toil ..and the ccm is now more of a prize bitch i save it for certain trips ..ive heard some stuff about the ccm chris scott said it was uncontrolable off road on a simple cart track :woohoo: ...dazzer wasnt very comlimentary either ..sarge hates his at least the feuling on it ......

.but id invite any of them to ride mine for day motorway tough trails a and b roads these are expierianced guys
..the suspension the gearbox and spacings ..the abilty to ride at half walking pace .. ... the tickover and fueling and power delivery ..engine braking on extream decents ..settin off on real steep loose climbs ..lugability in 2nd and riding ruts on the clutch in third at 10mph .. and hard charge high up are for me the finished article .. its soft and slow or flighty or quick ...and will cruise on the motroway at 80odd mph all aday ..the only downside is shite feul consumption ...50mpg less off road :(

..and ill buy the beer all night if they arnt impressed by it .but it took me a good while to get it like this

the new 600 will; be on my radar for sure but this trend to have a very expensive after market catalog with no options from outside is worrying i have a ball park figure of 8 grand ready to ride and thats enough belly pan apart ..pretty muhc anything else needed i can make myself (thumbs)

ccm has is and always will be a contrevesial bike ..and so will the next one be

ImageGrabbed Frame 4 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”