A review of the CRF250 Rally.

The Things We Ride
frenchy3

Re: A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by frenchy3 »

SteveR wrote:
frenchy3 wrote:I have just purchased an immaculate Suzuki DRZ400s and it got me thinking why havent manufacturers like Suzuki updated this kind of bike or produced a 400/450 dual sport?
Or even carried on importing them into the UK....? Genuine question, what updates does a DRZ really need for 2017?
There is a 2017 model still in the USA (thumbs) With the R&D budget of Suzuki a wide ratio six speed gearbox should be easy.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

frenchy3 wrote:
SteveR wrote:
frenchy3 wrote:I have just purchased an immaculate Suzuki DRZ400s and it got me thinking why havent manufacturers like Suzuki updated this kind of bike or produced a 400/450 dual sport?
Or even carried on importing them into the UK....? Genuine question, what updates does a DRZ really need for 2017?
There is a 2017 model still in the USA (thumbs) With the R&D budget of Suzuki a wide ratio six speed gearbox should be easy.
My Yam WR250R is a case in point--Yamaha have stopped importing and selling them here--but its still a current model in the US with a big following--an interestingly DOESN'T have a lambda sensor in the US. Kawasaki didn't bother importing the latest KLR650 into the UK, and I guess other manufacturers are the same. I think its largely emissions (Euro 4) and the cost of homologation versus the projected sales--lets face it we are a tiny market in the global picture for dual sport bikes. If they could import them easily "without change and cost" then I'm sure that they would. Honda have managed with the CRF250L but I bet its decision is based on European sales and not the UK.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

catcitrus wrote:
frenchy3 wrote:
SteveR wrote: My Yam WR250R is a case in point--Yamaha have stopped importing and selling them here--but its still a current model in the US with a big following--an interestingly DOESN'T have a lambda sensor in the US. Kawasaki didn't bother importing the latest KLR650 into the UK, and I guess other manufacturers are the same. I think its largely emissions (Euro 4) and the cost of homologation versus the projected sales--lets face it we are a tiny market in the global picture for dual sport bikes. If they could import them easily "without change and cost" then I'm sure that they would. Honda have managed with the CRF250L but I bet its decision is based on European sales and not the UK.
I'm sure you are right. Euro4 is a right PITA to be honest when it comes to Importers offering us some options to buy, but if the Pound recovers, I think I will look again at a personal import. I've found a company that will assist in the process at a figure that is reasonable. Main thing is a good 2nd hand buy near a East coast port!!

Anyhows, we are hijacking the thread... :whistle:
scutty

Post by scutty »

Er - I am 99% certain you can buy WR250R's new elsewhere in Europe - it is Yamaha UK that is not importing them. Maybe the price means they couldn't sell any since 2008 and they stopped importing them?
johnnyboxer

A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by johnnyboxer »

scutty wrote:Er - I am 99% certain you can buy WR250R's new elsewhere in Europe - it is Yamaha UK that is not importing them. Maybe the price means they couldn't sell any since 2008 and they stopped importing them?
I don't think you can

I looked at Yamaha France, Holland,Italy & Germany - it isn't listed and dropped
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
robson

Post by robson »

another prey of EU after xt660z.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

im getting me mods sorted bit by bit ...a few left to do

waiting for the sidepanels to sort out the flared things ..ive got two crf sm panels wining their way at 11 quid each ..in black

should be able to fit pannier frames at 14.5 inches side to side then
grafted me gpr exhaust cut and shut off the300 ...ill get a new can for that now

really enjoying it suspension is not bad at all very satisfied with it pretty surprised how well it rides ...
starting to pretend im mark coma .... :whistle: :evil:

im very happy with the rally its great fun (thumbs)

ImageDSC_0314 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

ImageDSC_0313 by minkyhead56, on Flickrr[/img]

ImageDSC_0311 by minkyhead56, on Flickrr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
cowling

Post by cowling »

Watching with great interest Steve,
Especially how the rally faring ties
In after the black lower plastic is
Removed, best left in the shed that
It wouldn't last the first trail,
Great to hear Honda have addressed
Some issues, I'm sure you will sort
The others. Looking forward to seeing
It in the flesh.

On a different note Steve, did u get
Your knee pads back? Just remembered
To ask.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

I like that. Thanks for those videos. Have you still got the ccm?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

yes she is on her way to bulgaria in a crate ...

for hooning about on the crf is ace fun ..im using it for work as well its loosening up a bit and i can rev it more ..thats the key keep it busy ..its just good fun its not a bad little trail bike either .im liking it
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”