A review of the CRF250 Rally.

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

Re: A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by minkyhead »

mmm dont think its worth the hassle ..the fuel cap is listed at 89 dollers and the plasics will deffinatly not fit around it

the ims on my crf was around 190 quid fits well and is 11.75 litres id deffo go that route on the L

ImageIMG_5203 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

de cluttering the rally

removed the flimsy toolbox thingy ...cut front panels and removed the stabucks bashplate ..checked that the crf250l sidepanels fit and they do ..a little dremmel work and they will fit together well ..fitted a proper bashplate

looking slimmer already ..will need a heatshield on the header and i hope to dump the endcan soon too ...using the smaller plastics has given a mutitude of fixing points for pannier rails
ImageDSC_0281 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

ImageDSC_0276 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

ill tidy up the graphics someway and try and make it look a bit more coordinated but it already looks a whole lot less vunerable

ImageDSC_0286 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Miles better that Steve :)
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
yodagoat

Post by yodagoat »

Thanks guys. Glad you found my review useful.
It's great to see what you guys are doing with your bikes. How do you up the preload, is it a simple adjustment on the shock with a C spanner?

Cheers

Mike
The shite I write, www.WintonMassif.co.uk

Guided tours in Scotland www.passingplacestours.com
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

yodagoat wrote:Thanks guys. Glad you found my review useful.
It's great to see what you guys are doing with your bikes. How do you up the preload, is it a simple adjustment on the shock with a C spanner?

Cheers

Mike
take the right sidepanel off ....insert a huge screwdiever ...hit with a hammer :evil:

it actually has enough adjustment to make the bike sit up well ..i have been pleasently surprised by the suspension ...much better than the older crf L (thumbs)
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I like this thread,it looks like a great bike and as a rider of a "certain age" i am not fixated by huge power output and light weight it all makes sense to me. I know we have discussed at length the ultimate do it all bike and the conclusion is always one bike will not do it all and you need horses for courses. I have just purchased an immaculate Suzuki DRZ400s and it got me thinking why havent manufacturers like Suzuki updated this kind of bike or produced a 400/450 dual sport?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

frenchy3 wrote:I have just purchased an immaculate Suzuki DRZ400s and it got me thinking why havent manufacturers like Suzuki updated this kind of bike or produced a 400/450 dual sport?
Or even carried on importing them into the UK....? Genuine question, what updates does a DRZ really need for 2017?
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

better suspension six gears lighter more power, and a total redesign but not much at all .
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

SteveR wrote:
frenchy3 wrote:I have just purchased an immaculate Suzuki DRZ400s and it got me thinking why havent manufacturers like Suzuki updated this kind of bike or produced a 400/450 dual sport?
Or even carried on importing them into the UK....? Genuine question, what updates does a DRZ really need for 2017?
I think the obvious if EFI to comply with euro emissions. I can only assume Suzuki never considered it worth the bother. It took them 13 years to upgrade the SV which is one of their biggest sellers!
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

P4ulie wrote:
SteveR wrote:
I think the obvious if EFI to comply with euro emissions. I can only assume Suzuki never considered it worth the bother. It took them 13 years to upgrade the SV which is one of their biggest sellers!
Yet the Yanks still get them... presumably still carbed and 5 speeds?

I was looking at the cost of importing a DRZ400 or DR650 from the US earlier in the week. A brand new DR was going to be 7500 to my door the DRZ, not a lot less. However a low miler made a lot of sense IF the pound was stronger :whistle:

Return to “BIKES”