A review of the CRF250 Rally.

The Things We Ride
scoobydidler

Re: A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by scoobydidler »

boboneleg wrote:Right , that's four of us so I'll order them now.
Yer go on then bob, I'm all sorted for electrical gubbins but everything is subject to change. Cheers mate.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

cowling

Post by cowling »

boboneleg wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:26 pm
cowling wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 pm Hi bob, I'll have one please mate. Cheers.
Get it of you next time we meet. 👍
Have you bought one as well Neil? I thought you bought a CCM?

regards, confused of Bristol :mrgreen:
Hi bob, yes I did buy a ccm, but planning on getting another Crf250l
Or rally at some point next year, I have a box full of new add on bits
For the crf which I bought for the last Crf250l I had, it was like new and
A lad at work blagged it off me, the connector will go in that box till
I get my hands on one next year. Cheers. 👍
Dave.

A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by Dave. »

boboneleg wrote:Right , that's four of us so I'll order them now.
If there is one going spare I'd sure appreciate it @boboneleg

I bought my Rally three weeks ago and ran it in on the way down to Morocco for Wibo's trip. Back home now 3,000 miles later and have a winter project to make the bike exactly as I want it. Top of the list - seat and suspension :-)

Anyways, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nitchjj

Post by Nitchjj »

Just picked my 250 rally up 2 weeks ago in Phuket Thailand, and blew through 1000 km just today. I love this bike! I didn't get the ABS version only because I couldn't find it and got impatient for a new bike hahah. There has been some awesome stuff on here Posted and this review was one of the things that helped me make my choice. Over here in Thailand this is hands down the best bike that could be had. Roads here are very dodgey, some may even call the main roads "offroad". Anybody caught riding around an imported BMW in the wrong area (which are always the most fun) will likely be robbed or the bike stolen. Anything more than a 450cc over here, in my opinion, is overkill. Ive found the suspension has been great for me, still will make the adjustment every one talks about. I'm 180lbs and have done some mean trail riding with this, only high centered her once (my fault) and have yet to bottom anything out (no bags/load and no motocross) in the course of riding the trails. It has plenty of power to dodge deadly mini bus drivers and the Chinese Cattle Car buses of death. Being this is the Number one country in the world for motorcycle deaths, I feel relatively safe on it, any more power and Id wind up getting myself into some trouble Id think.
To my very proud thai Honda dealers dismay I stripped her bare of all the the extra plastics, thanks to The great Minkyhead! I had been wanting to do it but couldn't bring myself to it until I saw how well his bike turned out. It was very easy, but Instead of going with the 250l aribox cover plastics I decided to cut the originals, not sure how I like it yet. Its relativley easy to get parts for it and cheap, being that I'm in Thailand where its made, so I may go his route later. The way I have it now I like because it opens up for "better flow" to the airbox. But It also makes it easier for mud.......tbd still. about 600 km off road in the jungle and no problems with mud in the airbox yet .Im waiting on an aftermarket graphics kit from northern Thailand, so now shes a bit bare. Heres a few pics after and during the work, still thinking about exhaust sytems too
(Credit to minkyhead for his pics and posts, they were hugely helpful) thought Id share to help anybody else looking to change this back up a bit more.
Attachments
IMG_20171117_170400.jpg
IMG_20171117_170400.jpg (227.68 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
IMG_20171117_170341.jpg
IMG_20171117_170341.jpg (245.9 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
IMG_20171112_120452.jpg
IMG_20171112_120452.jpg (217.28 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

That real 'bare bones' :)
one-legged adventurer
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

glad you like it .....you could have left the stickers on ....they dont weigh that much :mrgreen:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Personally I prefer the looks of the basic 'L'
Would like to try the Rally though to see if or how much better it is.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

PS .. thanks for the feedback Nitchjj .. shows how globally famous our very own Minky is :)
Nitchjj

Post by Nitchjj »

That's true about the stickers, I think she goes faster without em right now.
Tracked down 5 different graphic kits, only about $30 each. Might smuggle a few extras back to the US when I head back in December. I'll post them up when I do.
Hard to find some of this stuff still.
Cheers
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Nitchjj wrote:That's true about the stickers, I think she goes faster without em right now.
Tracked down 5 different graphic kits, only about $30 each. Might smuggle a few extras back to the US when I head back in December. I'll post them up when I do.
Hard to find some of this stuff still.
Cheers
I'll be keeping an eye on the graphics front, mine are wearing already, inside leg area.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Return to “BIKES”