Crf 250 rally ....crf250l

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Re: Crf 250 rally ....crf250l

Post by johnnyboxer »

The Sarge wrote:
Is that you done with the CCM then Steve,you seem pretty comfortable on your 300 ?
That's what I thought, why have 2 bikes that crossover - a 250 and 450???
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

minkyhead wrote:its a individual thing . if had the choice between the rally or a africatwin to take on holiday rent free ..the rally would hands down be my first choice .. strange but true B)
i test rode the africa twin last year and was totally underwhelmed where as the rally i was very impressed
there will be pleanty of folk who will have the reverse opinion and that would be easy to understand

either way i reacon they wil sell tens of thousand of em it good little bike
There is a trend of people moving back to smaller bikes again for "Adventure riding" We almost had this arms race with bikes getting bigger,faster,more powerful and unfortunately a lot heavier.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

What make are the panniers please? I am getting old and i cannot read the logo on the side :)
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Bridge at Exeter have a demo, if anyone is near them and wants a ride on one.
I was there on Sunday.
Mikekitts81

Crf 250 rally ....crf250l

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Yea that be great minky I'll get to use them sometime ...well Honda just rang me and said I can't ridey one yet as they have been recalled the ones they had and they are going to be consumer order only at minute whether that's true or not I don't no he did say he would keep me down for the test ride said it be possibly a month ... while I had him on the phone I also sorted the issue with price the Internet page is wrong the rally is nearly 900 more in price so wigan Hondas page is wrong the crfl is cheaper he did say I could try that as it's the same engine etc but but wouldnt be the same as trying the rally ... save Clarke messaged me back to and said it is possible to try the swm but the 300r which I don't think would be in the same power to weight ratio as the 500r or 650r ...may test ride it thou anyway as always better to try more than less I guess ...all I can say is role on a month and hopefully I can test ride the rally :)

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
micksea

Post by micksea »

minkyhead,have you weighed your bike? it would be interesting to compare your bike,a stock crf250l and a rally.i mean real world weights by actual owners on here rather than manufacturers fairytales
WillS

Post by WillS »

frenchy3 wrote:What make are the panniers please? I am getting old and i cannot read the logo on the side :)
Sorry to answer for Steve, but they are Ortlieb he used the same panniers in Morocco, following Steve in Morocco I thought they were very practical and did the job. So after the adventure to Morocco in 2012 I purchased a set for the next trip in 2013. Very pleased with them. You have two basic types, one that throws over the seat like saddle bags and the other that clips to a simple frame. Good thing is you can use them on various bikes.
Have been very pleased with them, totally waterproof and good reflecting strips on the back and very practical. They are available in the U.K, but manufactured in Germany.
Hope this helps.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I'm going to have a good look at the Rally once my 2014 finally croaks. Looks a way off yet though, just had the 32000 mile service; apart from the usual chain / sprockets / rear tyre, the wheel bearings finally needed replacing & was surprised the head race only needed a repack. Fork seals are still going strong. If I hadn't blown the engine a while back (my own fault) this would have been the first big job & even then I found a brand new one cheap. (thumbs)

These bikes may not suit everyone but they don't half just chug along with minimal fuss. There's not much out there that would survive 5 days a week in all weather.

Personally I think the Rally is a decent upgrade
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

The Sarge wrote:
minkyhead wrote:
Is that you done with the CCM then Steve,you seem pretty comfortable on your 300 ?
no i get asked that alot TBO i would have been on it this weekend but its all checked over tyred up and is getting shipped to bulgaria next week ..so i wanted to keep it tip top for bulgaria
the 300 is a good little bike now and i use it usually in the winter instead of the ccm .and for dicking around locally ..it takes al the really shitty weather and salty days ..i am in my own way tring to keep the ccm a bit more shiney than the last one
the rally in effect has been chosen above anythoing else as a work/commuter bike ..but i will bit by bit adverturise it and use it off road when im ready ..i was considering a bigger bike to replace me wee strom...but every time i open the garage door when im off the crf or ccm come out ..i never use the road bike ever ..
so i did think hard about it before buying the rally but concluded the rally would comute as well as anything out there is sufficiant for following learners resticted to the national speed limit ..has great balence and slimness in traffic and costs nearly nothing at all to run and miantain and could be a nice project to work on while serving a proper purpose
ill see how it goes if it doesnt work out as well as i hope ill sell it ..

braaaap
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”