The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
frenchy3

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by frenchy3 »

Mike54 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 am For anyone who thinks these bikes might be dull, they're not. I chased Nathan Millward on his the full distance of the rollercoaster at sweet lamb a few months ago and i was on my KTM 300 TPI. Yes the back of his Himalyan was all over the place, but he was really going on it. Don't think you're gong to find the limits of this bike easily or quickly.
I agree,i like Nathan Millwards bike reviews and until you get championship class riders of equal talent riding the bike the bike can be taken out of the mix as most bikes can perform well with a better rider than me on them. You only need to look at some of these promotional adverts for heavyweight bikes like the Africa twin and the 1290 ktm being thrown around like they are 125,s :shock: :shock: :shock:
herman

Post by herman »

Mike54 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 am For anyone who thinks these bikes might be dull, they're not. I chased Nathan Millward on his the full distance of the rollercoaster at sweet lamb a few months ago and i was on my KTM 300 TPI. Yes the back of his Himalyan was all over the place, but he was really going on it. Don't think you're gong to find the limits of this bike easily or quickly.
Mike I have reported this to the mods for you. Your account has obviously been hacked . :shock:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

herman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:36 pm
Mike I have reported this to the mods for you. Your account has obviously been hacked . :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Haha. I didn't put two and two together at the time Mike and realise you were Mike54. I would have hooked it out of second gear if I'd have known!

But yeah that was a good do that. Still dreading the first time we have to put the first aid stuff into practice but you can't beat a good ride out at Sweetlamb.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

nathanm wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 am Haha. I didn't put two and two together at the time Mike and realise you were Mike54. I would have hooked it out of second gear if I'd have known!

But yeah that was a good do that. Still dreading the first time we have to put the first aid stuff into practice but you can't beat a good ride out at Sweetlamb.
Yeah I should have changed up from 1st too :lol:
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Whatever. I heard KTM have asked Royal Enfield to develop their next Dakar bike.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

nathanm wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:06 pm Whatever. I heard KTM have asked Royal Enfield to develop their next Dakar bike.
At least it would make it to the finishing line :D :D :D
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Mike54 wrote:For anyone who thinks these bikes might be dull, they're not. I chased Nathan Millward on his the full distance of the rollercoaster at sweet lamb a few months ago and i was on my KTM 300 TPI. Yes the back of his Himalyan was all over the place, but he was really going on it. Don't think you're gong to find the limits of this bike easily or quickly.
Was he just a quicker rider though .....Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm
Mike54 wrote:For anyone who thinks these bikes might be dull, they're not. I chased Nathan Millward on his the full distance of the rollercoaster at sweet lamb a few months ago and i was on my KTM 300 TPI. Yes the back of his Himalyan was all over the place, but he was really going on it. Don't think you're gong to find the limits of this bike easily or quickly.
Was he just a quicker rider though .....Image
I guess I don't hang about Johnny but it really helps if you're riding a bike you feel comfortable pushing on with. Some bikes you get the feeling you can push on, some you don't. The Himalayan I find is very encouraging, and capable. Ground clearance is the only limiting factor I've found so far.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

It’s good to see a lot of love out there for this bike.

I think it’s great that folk appreciate it for what it is rather what it isn’t.
Obviously the price is attractive but perhaps its the old school, low tech, no nonsense rugged appeal that’s endeared its owners.

It’s kind of like the Indiana Jones of the ‘adventure’ bike world.

Return to “BIKES”