The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
jonesthesteam

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by jonesthesteam »

Mmmmm, possibly moving to the Isle of Wight next year and will be looking for a smaller cc bike to bimble around the island on, the more I read about the Himalayan the higher up my list of potentials it gets.....

Jonesy
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Jack I think you have hit the nail on the head re the riding and looking ahead to plan overtakes and manovres due to the himalayans limitations. Having come back to bikes after over 12 years I think maybe a tracer 900 or something similar with all the bells and whistles would make me a less aware rider and dare I day it a bit lazy. I like the fact I have to think and ride the bike and it's a simple machine which does the job well enough. Rather than a more modern machine with lots of riding modes and gizmos, don't get me wrong I'd love one but for now I love feeling involved in the ride rather than the machine taking me. It's like a dependable pair of pub shoes that can take a good night out on the tiles and survive still looking good lol.
If Nathan can clock all those miles up with no major issues what can you say. Mines a keeper!
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Still enjoying mine and did the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Murcia, Spain on Sunday.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.91 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Great pic looks like a fun ride out! 👍
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Great laugh with some local 'gentlemen' :D
crofty

Post by crofty »

Got this last week, a marvel of Victorian engineering. The bridge isnt bad either
IMG_20181018_150752894.jpg
IMG_20181018_150752894.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 3947 times
Trev

Post by Trev »

crofty wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:56 pm Got this last week, a marvel of Victorian engineering. The bridge isnt bad either

IMG_20181018_150752894.jpg
Hoep you enjoy the Himalayan, be good to hear how it compares to the NC, I had a 700X DCT, truly great bike

I'm getting horribly drawn to the Himalalalalayayayan, liked the look of it when it came out but actually went and test rode one last week and bloody loved it. I've an efi Classic Enfield thingy (not sure what model, don't know much about them) which I love but not much good at green laning (or anything really apart from making me smile every time I ride it :D )
The dealer has offered me a straight swap for a brand new one for my 2015 Guzzi V7 which, despite putting just over 5k miles on it this year, I've not gelled with. I'm tempted but would prefer a second hand one really, may flog the V7 and see what comes up.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Hi Trev, i intend to run the NC700 and the Himalayan together. I like the nc for long trips to Europe which maybe the Himalayan will stuggle with but time will tell. A few folk have been doing long trips with them.
Think you'd sell the Guzzi easy and get a low mile Himalayan over the winter, a few are turning up on ebay not much over 3 grand. Good luck with finding one.
Trev

Post by Trev »

I put 25k on my NC over four years but punted it on as never really got to grips with the crap suspension (despite replacement shock and fork springs and oil) and thought I wanted more performance more often. I have the cracking AT DCT which is a better bike than the NC in almost everyway (apart from the frunk and mpg) but I still miss the NC. Such a hugely capable package, so under rated (by a few on here to start with :lol: ) and the DCT sets it apart from almost anything else out there. In the NC range Honda have created a true 'great' bike IMO

I've been offered a great swap for the V7 (Aprilia Tuono Factory R with 6k miles on it) so think I'll go for that and seek out a low mileage second hand Himalayan for cash. My only worry is that, like my efi Classic, the Himlayan ends up getting more time spent on it than most of my other bikes ;)
OB1

Post by OB1 »

A mate and I took a Himalayan out for a spin on Saturday.

We had a great time and found it to be a brilliant bike: more than we were expecting to be honest and ideal for what we are looking for.

Thanks to Manleys Motorcycles in Clacton.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”