The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
Mike Horton

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by Mike Horton »

I've not rode the 500 but what I would say is the himalayan is smooth due to the long stroke with the counterbalance it doesn't feel like a conventional single and longer service intervals than the other RE bikes. I was surprised at the amount of torque compared to the horsepower
Trev

Post by Trev »

Jak* wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 pm Has anyone on here ridden the Himalayan and an EFI 500? If so what are the differences and if you had no intention of going off road which would you recommend?
Cheers Jak
I've had a efi for about 4 years and have sort of dismissed the Himalayan as not having the 'charm' of the efi and as I have an AT and an old KDX don't need it's limited off road ability ........ however all the enthusiasm in this thread is making me think I need to test ride one so I'll try to remember to post a comparison when I do, hope I hate the bloody thing :cry: :shock:
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Mike Horton wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 pm Freddy let me know how your demo ride goes!
Skippy how many miles have you covered so far, mines being picked up on 23ed March and I'll be doing a leisurely ride to Somerset for the weekend from the west mids so I'm hoping to get to know the bike straight away
I will do, although with only half an hour to play with it it will be just first impressions. If I like it, I’ll ask for a second test ride before I part with my cash.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Trev wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 pm
Jak* wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 pm Has anyone on here ridden the Himalayan and an EFI 500? If so what are the differences and if you had no intention of going off road which would you recommend?
Cheers Jak
I've had a efi for about 4 years and have sort of dismissed the Himalayan as not having the 'charm' of the efi and as I have an AT and an old KDX don't need it's limited off road ability ........ however all the enthusiasm in this thread is making me think I need to test ride one so I'll try to remember to post a comparison when I do, hope I hate the bloody thing :cry: :shock:
That would be really helpful if you do. :D
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

It's ugly but for some reason I like it and I don't know why!!!!
Trev

Post by Trev »

Mike Horton wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 am It's ugly but for some reason I like it and I don't know why!!!!
Funny, that's what my wife said this morning when she woke up next to me :D
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Already looking to book a test ride. :mrgreen:

The Himalayan would solve a problem for me of too many bikes and a crowded garage as I'd get rid of at least two or three to take this one on. It'd nearly have the fun of the XT225 on trails, nearly the handling and economy of the Freewind, maybe have the easy touring comfort of the VX800 and nearly the character of my old Ducati with it's long stroke motor?

Could it be possible?
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

XF650 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am Already looking to book a test ride. :mrgreen:

The Himalayan would solve a problem for me of too many bikes and a crowded garage as I'd get rid of at least two or three to take this one on. It'd nearly have the fun of the XT225 on trails, nearly the handling and economy of the Freewind, maybe have the easy touring comfort of the VX800 and nearly the character of my old Ducati with it's long stroke motor?

Could it be possible?
My thoughts exactly. Could this be the do-it-all compromise I’m looking for?
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

XF650 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am Already looking to book a test ride. :mrgreen:

Could it be possible?
I've got a Freewind sat in the back garden that has suddenly found itself redundant thanks to the Himalayan. Obviously it doesn't have the poke of the 650 engine but the fuelling is much better and is more comfortable, and more trail friendly. It looks like the Freewind might have to go!
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

All this positivity! It's doing the salesman's job for him.
😍😍

Return to “BIKES”