The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
Nick_2112

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by Nick_2112 »

As this seems to be an active topic with 44 pages and many owners, can you recommend a good RE dealer in the North of England please.

I've heard a few comments of not so good places but want to know where you have had good dealer experience.

Sort of draw a line between Liverpool and Leeds, anywhere above that.

Thanks.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Have a look or ask the question on the Uk owners group on Facebook, lots of members all over the Country.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Chris S

Him Lowrider

Post by Chris S »

srg.jpg
srg.jpg (205.27 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
Oop North John

Re: Him Lowrider

Post by Oop North John »

Seen that on Facebook, J'm amazed how little damage there appears to be to the bike after such a catastrophic even where the frame has cracked near to the steering head, did it let go at standstill? Had the bike suffered much abuse, or just on been ridden on nice roads, do you know?
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

I don't think anyone knows at the minute other than that it was a rental bike. Good point about lack of any other damage. I can't say I'm personally fussed by it. Maybe I should be. But my thought is that until it starts happening to one owner bikes with known usage (outside of India) then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

nathanm wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 am I don't think anyone knows at the minute other than that it was a rental bike. Good point about lack of any other damage. I can't say I'm personally fussed by it. Maybe I should be. But my thought is that until it starts happening to one owner bikes with known usage (outside of India) then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Same here Nathan, no sleep will be lost over the issue.
I'll wager that bike has done a lot of miles and been hammered. I'll also wager that someone will weld it back together and it'll go on to get hammered some more :)
Onyerbike

Post by Onyerbike »

I'm looking at buying a second hand Himalayan, probably an ex demo bike from a dealer or low mileage bike
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 2018 and 2019 UK bikes?
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

No real differences Onyerbike. I think they tweaked a few little bits; like the throttle cable routing to avoid it snapping as there had been a few cases of it, but definitely nothing major between 18 and 19 bikes. I've had both years and can't tell any difference.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I was at a rally last weekend and someone mentioned there was a Himalayan weekend event coming up in September near Ashbourne. Is anyone on here going or have the details please?
Cheers Jak
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

It's organised by a member of the Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners UK facebook group, 13th to 15th September at Bankybarn farm north of Ashbourne.
We are away that weekend so won't be going but it does look like plenty are going.
Last edited by Tonibe63 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “BIKES”