The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
Mike Horton

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by Mike Horton »

The only fly in the ointment I have is my new clocks which have been on a week are misting already!!!! The dealers are pulling their hair out as RE don't seem to have a solution. I think maybe they need to do a recall and look at suitable replacements. Shame as everything else is fine
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Anyone got any experience of these clocks Im getting no joy with royal enfield the dealers are pulling their hair out so considering putting something aftermarket on

https://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/gauge ... -sensor-p8
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Have you tried drilling the small holes? Apparently the people who e done it have had really good results
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
herman

Post by herman »

Cheap option is mtb Speedo . They come calibrated to a 21inch wheel but can be changed. I use the dashboard function on my Montana . You can also get a speedometer app for your phone as long as you enable the GPS chip.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Herman thanks I'll take a look at that, godspeed I know some said it did work and others not just weighing up all the options at the moment dealers been good but RE not really helping them which is a shame
crofty

Post by crofty »

Sorry to hear your having problems Mike.
I had misting so bad I couldn't see the digital info.
I tried all the fixes which I have posted on here but no change. The UK owners FB forum is full of similar stories. Eventually I drilled a couple of holes and that fixed it for me. It is unacceptable to have to spend 150 quid on different clocks.
I'm putting my bike in a week or so for it's 3k service so I will report back if they pick up on the holes or tell me my warranty is void
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

crofty wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm Sorry to hear your having problems Mike.
I had misting so bad I couldn't see the digital info.
I tried all the fixes which I have posted on here but no change. The UK owners FB forum is full of similar stories. Eventually I drilled a couple of holes and that fixed it for me. It is unacceptable to have to spend 150 quid on different clocks.
I'm putting my bike in a week or so for it's 3k service so I will report back if they pick up on the holes or tell me my warranty is void
Thanks Crofty and keep us in the loop. It seems crazy the clocks themselves look the business they clearly need to change the manufacturer as there are issues. Yes mine got so bad I stopped riding it was even affecting the rev counter showing 4k revs on tick over.

I'm hoping if we all whinge something will be done. I think I'll be going for the drilling of holes option at this rate too
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

Hi all, as the talk is about faults I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as my bike. The bike is great but in any gear when I get to 4800rpm there's an annoying vibration through the tank and metalwork that the clocks etc mount to. You can sometimes feel it through the footpegs . When I rest my foot or hand on the engine its smooth and doesn't unduly affect the mirrors.
Any ideas then???
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Red I had a similar issue early on took it back in and it was the tank vibrating against the frame. It only affected it at a certain rpm resonance urs sounds the same. It was a quick fix a tweek by the dealers
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

Just viewed this on a different forum where somebody has had enough of their RE and gave up , moving back to a Kawasaki :-
"I purchased a RE Himalayan last march and realised i made the biggest mistake of my life. No, not because it was a RE, but because it spent more time in the garage getting fixed than it did on the road. After needing new clocks, ecu, fuel pump, battery and melted wiring replacing, i dicided to get shot. The very loud noise from the engine after having the last lot of warrenty work sealed the deal!"
I really want bikes like the Himalayan to work as they appear to offer something other than a complex, megabucks, overweight, new bike experience but they need to iron out these problems before they will get a great reputation, I am sure they could up their price slightly if they could get the reliability improved.

Return to “BIKES”