The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
Chris S

Re: The Royal Enfield

Post by Chris S »

Gibraltar slipping by on the port bow and Him running as sweet as.
Bring it on...

Last edited by Chris S on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Horton

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by Mike Horton »

Jak I reckon there were a few dodgy batches of clocks as everyone ain't had the issue. I just think they need to sort the customer focus side to fix these niggles quickly and there would be no issue. These things happen jmits just how they resolve them. Still rides great tho. I'll put some pics on Monday on the way down
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I took mine greenlaning for the afternoon. It was really the first time I have had the opportunity to do much. They were all fairly easy, as my son was out for the first time on his Ural outfit. The most challenging was probably Green Lane which runs off the A515, from Harrington to Middleton. Apart from a few deep puddles at the bottom of Green Lane and on Bonsall Moor it was pretty dry.
I have to say I was impressed with the Himalayan. Even with the well worn standard tyres on road pressures it handled well. The low C of G and the placid but torquey power delivery makes it a doodle to ride. If you want an enduro machine look elsewhere but if you want to pootle along, enjoying the ride it was great.
The Ural was good too, my younger son was in the chair and it was interesting watching them go through some of the more rutted sections. Bring on the Taffy.
Cheers Jak
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Jak* wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 pm I took mine greenlaning for the afternoon. It was really the first time I have had the opportunity to do much. They were all fairly easy, as my son was out for the first time on his Ural outfit. The most challenging was probably Green Lane which runs off the A515, from Harrington to Middleton. Apart from a few deep puddles at the bottom of Green Lane and on Bonsall Moor it was pretty dry.
I have to say I was impressed with the Himalayan. Even with the well worn standard tyres on road pressures it handled well. The low C of G and the placid but torquey power delivery makes it a doodle to ride. If you want an enduro machine look elsewhere but if you want to pootle along, enjoying the ride it was great.
The Ural was good too, my younger son was in the chair and it was interesting watching them go through some of the more rutted sections. Bring on the Taffy.
Cheers Jak
Sounds great fun, mines all checked over fuelled and ready for a trip down to the south coast fully laden with luggage and wife. No rush just want to take it easy and take in the views
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Had a morning riding mine today and a couple of niggles, clocks slightly misted but nothing too problematic. But one thing that did bother me was a couple of times it cut out whilst coming to a stop and then once when I pulled away. Bit disconcerting but only 500 miles on it so far, so maybe it needs to bed in a bit? C
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:21 pm Had a morning riding mine today and a couple of niggles, clocks slightly misted but nothing too problematic. But one thing that did bother me was a couple of times it cut out whilst coming to a stop and then once when I pulled away. Bit disconcerting but only 500 miles on it so far, so maybe it needs to bed in a bit? C
Worth getting checked out the cutting out mine didn't have that. The clocks were only minor for me then got really bad, worth getting them changed as there is a warranty. I put an iridium plug on mine, made it slightly more responsive at low revs but much better on startup from cold. Other than that hope you had a great ride today
Kiwiscoot

Post by Kiwiscoot »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:21 pm Had a morning riding mine today and a couple of niggles, clocks slightly misted but nothing too problematic. But one thing that did bother me was a couple of times it cut out whilst coming to a stop and then once when I pulled away. Bit disconcerting but only 500 miles on it so far, so maybe it needs to bed in a bit? C
Do you run yours on Premium octane fuel? They tend to run smoother on premium fuel.
Also being air-cooled it is a good thing to let them warm up for a minute or 2 in the morning as they tend to run a bit lean and needs a bit more fuel when they are cold.
Could also be that your idling speed is adjusted a tad slow. Might need to be adjusted up a bit. The info should be in your owner's manual.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Thanks 👍
It’s a bit strange as one time I was coming to a junction and even though it had been warmed up ok and the idle was good it suddenly cut out and then almost immediately re-engaged, almost like a mini bump start. I’ll keep an eye on it, I’ve not long had it so plenty of warranty time left.
Appreciate your thoughts though, thanks
The Meandering Moustache

Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I put premium in mine too. Bizarrely sainsburys premium gets me the best fuel economy and it runs nice too
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Think I may have found the cause... saw something from an Indian blogger who found that the evap tubing gets kinked under the tank....
Lo, I give you a kinky tube 😂
83F9804C-E7DB-41BF-97FF-EDCD0F3F068D.jpeg
83F9804C-E7DB-41BF-97FF-EDCD0F3F068D.jpeg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
The Meandering Moustache

Return to “BIKES”