The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
nathanm

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by nathanm »

Just a quick update; I hopped over to Hitchcocks today and bought a Powertronic thing. Will get it fitted this week and report back. Was going to try and measure MPG, 0-60 and 50-70 roll on in fifth, before and after.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Hope you mentioned Itchy boots and got the discount :lol:
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Haha. I did mention it to the man at Hitchcocks but he didn't bite. Full RRP for me.

It's going to sting a bit if it's shit.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks for spending your money Nathan. I look forward to your conclusions. I know when CCM fitted whatever electronic gizmo they did to my bike, it improved the low speed running (or rather it stopped the dangerous stalling) but it did reduce the mpg slightly. To be honest after about the first 500 miles I have found the Himalayan okay at low speeds, although it is slightly better on Sainsbury’s super unleaded and gives slightly better mpg than on normal unleaded.
Cheers Jak
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Jak I found the same with the super runs a little smoother and the cost is about the same as you get better mpgs. The iridium plug also made it feel more responsive on lower rpms but reduces the mpgs slightly.

Nathan please keep us in the loop with the powertronic as I am tempted too, I've got some overtime money coming payday which would soften the blow
crofty

Post by crofty »

nathanm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 pm Haha. I did mention it to the man at Hitchcocks but he didn't bite. Full RRP for me.

It's going to sting a bit if it's shit.
Yes good on you evaluating all these mods with your own cash.
Personally I'm happy with the performance but i did wonder if you asked Hitchcocks about the upcoming big bore kit ??
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Owners of the Himalayan, how do you find coping the lowish 25bhp? I appreciate it's not all about speed.......just curious if you find the bike low powered etc.

Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Personally the torque makes up for it. I use mine for commuting, local blats out on all sort of roads and terrain and Weeke d trips fully laden with the wife on the back.
I love travelling on the a roads and picking journeys I want to enjoy so taking it easy and enjoying the view is the priority. Even fully loaded it will happily get to 70. I find the slower and more relaxed I ride it the more I enjoy it!
Horses for courses tho for some they want more speed and horses. I'd say go take one for a test ride, my dealership let me have it for half a day and took the wife on it so really had the chance to try it out.
I'm I the West mids if you ever want to meet up and see it in the flesh. Mines at the dealers who have finally agreed to sort a few minor niggles. I'm still not regretting the purchase and taking it down to Brighton next week
Landsurfer

Post by Landsurfer »

After nearly 50 years on motorbikes ... from GSXR 1100 'S to MZ 300's i have no doubt the Himalayan is the best bike i have ever ridden and owned .
Simples ...
Go Out. Take Risks. Live.
“ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “
crofty

Post by crofty »

macvisual wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm Owners of the Himalayan, how do you find coping the lowish 25bhp? I appreciate it's not all about speed.......just curious if you find the bike low powered etc.

Peter
If you only occasionally use motorways and are prepared to plan the odd overtake you very soon don't notice the power output.
It is well suited to real world speeds on A & B roads. Plus its got a nice vibe bimbling about on that i find very satisfying.

Return to “BIKES”