The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
Hugh

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I wonder if the inclusion of a small incandescent bulb fitted inside the nacelle might help to keep the area warm and dry?

TTFN

Hugh.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

I suspect as others know that a small hole or gap is letting air in that cantains moisture then when electrics are on heat is added so causes condensation ...

All thd adding of larger holes does is let condensation out like openjng a car window...but if there is a circuits board somewhere the application of acf 50 is needed..

Happens to most yam xt660z dashes lol..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

crofty wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:06 am Dakar RE.jpg

Could this be the new Dakar Himalayan, that Nathan was talking about a few pages back. If you start off with the 4k bike and spend extra on the suspension etc it might be a great little off road machine. Nah just 24 bhp I hear you say, same as CRF450L then :D

It does look cool that but probably a bit overkill in the real world. If I had the money to throw at mine I'd like to try some lighter rims, fit the adjustable YSS shock (like Chris has) and then have a sniff at what Hitchcocks get up to with the engine. I spoke to them yesterday, mainly about the Powertronic commander thing that people are starting to rave about, and they also said they're working on a 4 valve head, carb kits and re-bores. I'm guessing for around £1.5k you can have another 10bhp eventually. Not sure about the Powertronic thing; seems a bit too good to be true and I don't think it adds power, just refinement and throttle response. Would be keen to give one a go but best part of £300 for a box of gizmos makes me wary.
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

try some lighter rims
I found I saved much less than expected with an Excel alloy rear - but it's larger and probably stronger.
Best to combine with tubelessness - but then I think proper TL tyres are heavier.

A lot more weight saved with the YSS. The stocker feels like it's off an old Heinkel.
himyss.jpg
himyss.jpg (93.66 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I was looking at the powertronic too but thought the same. Just a little refinement on the power and a tiny bit more power would be great. Looked at aftermarket air filters too. I fitted an iridium plug very slightly less mpg now but more responsive on bottom end really handy when filtering and runs better from cold now
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I've found this pic and think the himalayan looks good with this face-lift too https://goo.gl/images/eMvQwj
crofty

Post by crofty »

Itchy boots at the end of this video says that the Powertronic setting map 2 makes the bike run so much cooler, something that Nathan and Chris referred to.

nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Interesting one about this Powertronic business. I've just put up my own video update and it's fair to say I've been inundated by people telling me about Itchy Boots and her Poweretonic and how it's transformed the bike.

I'm a cynic at heart and less than convinced, especially as there's a discount to be had if you quote Itchy Boots when ordering. It smells of PR spin to me and I apologise if I'm wrong. That's not to say there are benefits, and running a bit cooler would certainly be handy, but at the minute I'm loathe to believe that a £270 box of widgets can fundamentally transform the bike. A bit more peppiness perhaps, but not a wholesale change in performance, but that's just me.

I've toyed with buying a Powertronic to find out for myself and run some 0-60 times and rolling 50-70 acceleration figures, but to be honest, it's a stack of money which I could best spend on other things, like that YSS shock.

Chris S

Post by Chris S »

Doest't it just make it run richer = cooler, like the £100 air box probe thing on G650 BMWs, but with settings like an EJK. black box.

Easily done, but I'd presume fuel consumption to rise a bit.
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Yes, I think that's pretty much all it does; make it run a bit richer.

Return to “BIKES”