The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
FatFreddy

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by FatFreddy »

Booked a test ride on a Himalayan for Weds. Watch this space. Will have to rein in my enthusiasm as I really want to like this bike. Need to try to remain critical. 4k might be cheap but it's still a lot to pay for the wrong bike.
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

After reading these positive comments I contacted my 2 local dealers in northern Ireland to check if they have this on demo.
Unfortunately one has ceased selling new RE stock but I await news from the other for availability.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Hope you are able to find one to try out.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I took a half day test ride on the himalayan in January and loved it simple and no nonsense. I ordered one and pick it up on 23rd March I'll update when I have it book looking forward to commuting and some weekend jaunts on it!
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

A half day test ride??...I'm getting half an hour!
May I ask what other bikes you ride/have ridden. My most recent was a 100+bhp VFR and I'm not sure if it will just feel too slow.
Different kinds of bike for different purposes so maybe not...we'll see.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

There's no getting away from it, the Himalayan feels slow compared to anything with 100 bhp, in fact it feels slow compared to anything with half that bhp.......but that's not the point. The point is that you have to calibrate your own brain to accept what it does well and what it can't do; once that's achieved it becomes a bloody good bike.

I've only had mine a week but I've taken it places that my Versys 1000 would have been a bloody nightmare to ride; bumpy, gravel strewn mountain roads and Spanish cities at rush hour. I've had plenty of bikes in my time so I know that it's always exciting when you have a new bike to waz around on but the Himalayan just feels different somehow.

Only time will tell if I've made the right choice but so far, so good...........and the purchase of two wheeled trinkets has begun! 😝Image
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (299.98 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I've moved from a 250cc single so yep in you're case I reckon it will feel slow but as said I guess you would get used to it. I've only recently got back into biking I'm a police officer and spend too many years driving around quick. I just love the simplicity of a single and plan some nice leisurely days out taking it slow.
Qb motorcycles in West Mids have been great, their new sales guy is ex motorrad and is really keen for people to take the demo bike out whenever they can. He has given me the chance to take it out again whilst I'm waiting for mine.
My wife has gone pillion and loves the feel of it too. I just think it hits the mark in a lot of areas, cost, usability, practicality etc. I'm not gonna set the world on fire but I took it out and it made me smile I guess that's what I wanted out of biking again happiness and relaxation and some all year round commuting
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Freddy let me know how your demo ride goes!
Skippy how many miles have you covered so far, mines being picked up on 23ed March and I'll be doing a leisurely ride to Somerset for the weekend from the west mids so I'm hoping to get to know the bike straight away
herman

Post by herman »

Might be worth changing this to a bike specific thread? Admin will need to do it though as Al is banned . Post your trips, pics ,woes, farkles, etc.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Has anyone on here ridden the Himalayan and an EFI 500? If so what are the differences and if you had no intention of going off road which would you recommend?
Cheers Jak

Return to “BIKES”