Kawasaki Versys 1000 2012

The Things We Ride
BIG BILL

Kawasaki Versys 1000 2012

Post by BIG BILL »

I may have asked the question before, Kawasaki Versys 2012 (are they that good)?

I'm looking for something different but in the adventure guise.
A bit of poke and comfort.
ABR a few years ago did a good review on it, cheers Alun.
Just wondering what owners think of it?

Cheers BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
noodles

Re: Kawasaki Versys 1000 2012

Post by noodles »

BIG BILL wrote:I may have asked the question before, Kawasaki Versys 2012 (are they that good)?

I'm looking for something different but in the adventure guise.
A bit of poke and comfort.
ABR a few years ago did a good review on it, cheers Alun.
Just wondering what owners think of it?

Cheers BB
Dont know about the 2012 but I have just bought the 2015 and its lovely, without the panniers and top box on it goes like a sports bike and then with the kit on its a quick mile muncher that is comfy and they have a great reputation for relaibility I believe :) ... I will judge it better when I do my Euro trip in May but its a promising start (thumbs)
jed54

Post by jed54 »

I'm on my second Versys 1000. Had a 2013, now have a 2016.Nither have given any problems. Great bikes plenty of torque even full load with camping gear and a pillion, and the mrs. loves the room and comfort.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

I've got a Mk1 (2013) model and it's brilliant at going far and fast. Not everyone's cup of tea but great value for money.
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

Cheers! all.
I must be a one off as I quite like the look of the Mark1
I think I will give it a try.

Cheers again

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Can't speak for the V1000 but if the Versys 650 is anything to go buy you've nothing to worry about,Kawasaki are building a quality product.Im on my 2nd 650,i owned a Mk2 650 for 4yrs and had absolutley no bother at all with it,rode it all over the place and in all conditions,i didn't hesitate to get the Mk3 650 when it was released and after a years ownership i can honestly say it's a cracking machine,go for it,whatever cc it is.

(thumbs)
GreenT

Post by GreenT »

I've got a Mk1 2014 and its really hard to beat at the price in the "all rounder/all tarmac roads" category. Most of my accessory money went on suspension (Wilbers all round) which really sorts it out. Just fitting the right spring for your weight on the rear shock will transform the handling. (OEM rear spring is a bit soft and it feels fine and plush until you push it hard) I really liked my 990 ADV and miss some aspects but not much when it comes to road trips/touring and love that 'more planted' stability on medium/high speed bends. Much less buffeting on Motorways compared to the high perch of an ADV too. I average 46mpg on spirited long runs.
I was pretty sure this was the right bike for reliability, enough power, comfort, good torque (for an in line 4) and good for high mileage and all turned out well. I thought the downside would be poor resale value (on the Mk1) but I see its held up remarkably well.
Check all around/inside the sub frame for corrosion when buying. Its a good clue to how hard a life its had or possible lack of care.
And finally - IMHO it has just the right amount of tech/electronics/safety on it without worrying about it all going tits up / sell a kidney to fix after x thousand miles.
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

Well" I bought it and.... what a machine :woohoo:
I have only done 300 miles on it since I picked it up on Tuesday evening but these are way under-rated.
So smooth fast and comfy.
I do not do off road on bigger bikes tarmac only, and this bike rocks.
I bet the new version is even better but for now I will just pile the miles on.
For road it is way better than my XT1200 S10 and all my Tiger 955i's and I mean way better.
as for the looks' I for one like it.
Try one, you will be surprised, I was..
Did I mention it was fast... :ohmy:

BB
Your along time dead..
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Congrats Bill,being underated makes them great bargains though (thumbs) (thumbs)
noodles

Post by noodles »

Its great when you buy a bike that live up to your hopes ... nice one (thumbs)

Return to “BIKES”