Shoot me please!

The Things We Ride
Mike101

Shoot me please!

Post by Mike101 »

I keep looking at pics of the V rod and liking it.....I hope it's not terminal...

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Spike941

Re: Shoot me please!

Post by Spike941 »

As long as liking doesn't turn to buying. Take a look at the price, that's usually a pretty good cure. I've only sat on one, but it felt like a damn uncomfortable riding position.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I bought a
Harley a few years ago.
I didn't know much about Harley's I took it in for its first service and they gave me a V Rod as a curtesy bike.
I was stunned at how fast it was.
This was my Harley...I've had two a Fat Boy and a Fat Bob....I think they're great.

IMG_0568.PNG
IMG_0568.PNG (40.8 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
fraserdog

Post by fraserdog »

It's a condition as known as vroditas,your local GP can give antibiotics to treat it.
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

The ugliest bike Harley ever made, and it's a porsche! I will go and get my gun now. :laugh:
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

I actually quite like it..and a couple of other Harleys.
I'll get my coat.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Don't knock it until you've tried one.
A group of us hired HDs for a laugh about 10 years ago and I went for the V Rod as being as close to a proper bike as possible and was stunned how capable it was.
I would never own one but I wasn't sorry as I had a decent day out on one - except you have to fill it up every few miles as the tank is tiny.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Mike101 wrote:I keep looking at pics of the V rod and liking it.....I hope it's not terminal...

Mike
Speak to Beagle, he is the font of all knowledge regarding these strange contraptions (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I think it looks great. If I had the money a Harley would definitely be on my list, somewhere about Nº 5 admittedly but definitely there.

For me thought I'd go for something like a Sportster but the 'fat' bikes do have something cool about them.

It reminds me of two guys who have bar/restaurants that I frequent - in the nature of research of course :whistle: - that are about fifty metres apart. Each of them has a Ducati Diavel and both of then are, not to put too fine a word on it, are big fat blokes ...

and do you know what, it's just amazing how often they run out of little bits and bobs while they're preparing the day's menus and just have to 'pop' down to the cash-and-carry ... (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

nothing wrong with the v rod having been the owner of one of the quickest ones in the country, even toured down to the faro rally for the custom show on it, two up. if i could get me pics to work i would post a few.

228 rw bhp with low jet on the nitrous and tts supercharger after trying a couple of turbo's decided the compressor was better.

steve

Return to “BIKES”