The Things We Ride
andy1105

Re: meet bumble

Post by andy1105 »

Bumble's got pissed wet through today
gspod

Post by gspod »

Nice looking bike and the best colour- same as my wife's.

These are a great bike and I ride it at least once a week to work. It's got hyperpro springs -25mm. The only downside is the seat comfort, I have a high seat for it and she uses a standard. She now thinks it's the ergonomics so next mods will be Rox risers - up and back, so she's more central on the seat plus some kind of comfort seat like Touratwat or Sargent.

I've an 1100gs with no plans to change but, in the future, I will probably go for an 800 rather than a modern 1200.

Keep us updated with any mods (thumbs)
PS - Hers is called Mr Bumble ;)
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

gspod wrote:Nice looking bike and the best colour- same as my wife's.

These are a great bike and I ride it at least once a week to work. It's got hyperpro springs -25mm. The only downside is the seat comfort, I have a high seat for it and she uses a standard. She now thinks it's the ergonomics so next mods will be Rox risers - up and back, so she's more central on the seat plus some kind of comfort seat like Touratwat or Sargent.

I've an 1100gs with no plans to change but, in the future, I will probably go for an 800 rather than a modern 1200.

I had the standard seat on mine for about 300 miles and then bought a Touratech low seat on eBay for about £220 - can't remember exactly now as it was a few years ago - knowing what I know now I would gladly pay full price for one. I find it miles more comfy that the original. 500 mile days are no problem on it (thumbs)
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

gspod wrote:Nice looking bike and the best colour- same as my wife's.

i tried putting rox risers on,and the brake line is not long enough and the cables on the other side same,i am going to do a bit of stripping to see if i can get some more play in thr cables and brake line.you mentioned you fitted the hyperpro lowering kit 25mm.i am on my absolute tip toes on mine and i am looking just to get the balls of my feet down,do you recon 25mm will do it,looking at shock and forks.cheers tony.
gspod

Post by gspod »

I had the standard seat on mine for about 300 miles and then bought a Touratech low seat on eBay for about £220 - can't remember exactly now as it was a few years ago - knowing what I know now I would gladly pay full price for one. I find it miles more comfy that the original. 500 mile days are no problem on it (thumbs)[/quote]

Thanks for that - I'll keep a look out.

Tony:
As far as I'm aware you need the low Rox risers 1" 3/4 specifically made for F800 - no adjustments required. She is 5'9/10" with long legs and it's fine for her with the standard seat - she does tend to use the high seat for longer journeys and hoildays for the comfort and she's just about on the balls of her feet - not ideal when fully loaded or on unsealed roads.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

andy1105 wrote:Bumble's got pissed wet through today
Andy I spotted Tony today think he was going to ABW he had a TT catalogue in his hand

[center]

[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
gspod

Post by gspod »

Well well - after all these years, just had a measure up and she's only 5'8 1/2" . I guess she's lost an inch, I suppose we all do over time :dry: :laugh:
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

andy1105 wrote:Bumble's got pissed wet through today
Andy I spotted Tony heading down the east lancs road today, I think he was going to ABW he had tight hold of a TouraTech catalogue

[center]

tt.jpg
tt.jpg (73.25 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

Return to “BIKES”