hard decision on changing bike

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Re: hard decision on changing bike

Post by johnnyboxer »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:
If you like what you have........ why spend forever changing a new one around to suit you.
Fixed and so true
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

I treated myself to a new Tex in 2014. I was 50 that year and had been widowed two years previous so as i was on my own i thought bollocks iam going to treat myself. Traded in my KTM990R and rode home the Triumph. My first new bike. I didnt expect what came next . Iam pretty hard on a bike compared to some and this was the first machine that i noticed every scrape and rub from my clothing, boots camping gear, straps ect not to mention the odd clumsy stationary drop. (Iam well know for that). I never used the heated seat, cruise control, auxiliary lights the myriad of setting on the clock and once id adjusted the screen i never had to again. I did feel the need to be anal about the bikes cosmetics though which was unlike me and looking back it did spoil my enjoyment. Turns out i needent have worried as i threw her down the road to her doom in July 2016 so now iam in the market for a replacement. Will i buy new again. No i should,nt think so. Iam better off with pre loved lol.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Over here, people will pay more for a 25 year old Africa Twin with 60,000km than they will for a 10 year old KTM 690 Enduro with just a few thousand km. The older bikes have character and most can be maintained with a simple set of tools.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
spasm

Post by spasm »

i'm hearing everyone loud and clear :laugh: i really luv my super dooper tenere, and yes as ive said, spent so much time and money over the 5 years ive had her on getting her sexy and sorted. i just like the idea of the all new KTM 1290 adventure and the power. but do i need more power, with all the tuning mods on the super ten, shes grunty and quick enough to stick with most bikes on the twistys, i know her inside out, all her history as ive had her from new. i know exactly what shes capable of after our amazing 55k together.
just wanted to spoil my self thats all, im single (seeing a girl and she luvs the bike and is a great pillion) i work hard with my own buisness. but now im not going to part with her and its your fault all of you haha.
one day maybe i'll have too.........for a disabled scooter :laugh:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

im having a similar dilemma ive got a 2008 Kawasaki versys 650 only had it 2 years done 36000 miles on her since getting and spent a lot getting her to the spec and condition she is now. problem I have is I want a bmw gsa1200 or ktm 990 everytime I see one I ride mine 12 months a year even today in the blizzard we had and everytime I ride her I forget about other bikes I don't want to part with vera and cant afford 2 bikes but I know ill have to retire her eventually
20170218_141125_2017-02-28.jpg
20170218_141125_2017-02-28.jpg (45.95 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
john-g

Post by john-g »

I still miss my Super-10, three bikes later and wish I hadn't traded it in after 18 months and 10,000 miles use. Best Bike that I've owned in many a year.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Bikes are like women, the thrill of a new ride is very appealing but the disadvantages soon show themselves :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Redmurty wrote:Bikes are like women, the thrill of a new ride is very appealing but the disadvantages soon show themselves :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Very true, once the honeymoon period is over................there's no blow-job ever again :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

johnnyboxer wrote:
Redmurty wrote:Bikes are like women, the thrill of a new ride is very appealing but the disadvantages soon show themselves :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Very true, once the honeymoon period is over................there's no blow-job ever again :whistle:
:blush: :blush: :blush:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Jeves

Post by Jeves »

After 12 months they are like a dyson, Stops sucking and starts whining,

Return to โ€œBIKESโ€