crf1000 owners

The Things We Ride
motorbike

crf1000 owners

Post by motorbike »

are you happy with your africa twin...at tipping point of buying one must decide before end of month...maybe reading too many forums ..re false neutrals .corosion ect
bond_yzf

Re: crf1000 owners

Post by bond_yzf »

Haven't you asked this before?
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

yeh probably but as usual the thread went off in a tangent very quickly
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I haven't got one. I don't want one, at the present time.
But only you will know what you will think of it.

Just because I don't like coffee doesn't mean you can't.

Go and buy one, ride it, enjoy it.....and if after a while it's not for you...change it.

Regret what you did, not what you didn't do!!

Let us all know how great it is when you pick it up.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Do all the salesmen in your local Honda dealership look really busy with other stuff when you walk in? :laugh:
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

to be honest my main worry is the gearbox ...most forums have a long list of false neutral rants.if i could put that behind me then i would certainly get one
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

SteveW wrote:Do all the salesmen in your local Honda dealership look really busy with other stuff when you walk in? :laugh:
yeh they do...but i have bought 5 new bikes in the last 10 years so i get there eventually..so its their loss if they cant be arsed... :woohoo:
cadoganpier

Post by cadoganpier »

I've got one, I previously had a trick 990R Adventure and a Multistrada plus various others over the years. It's a bloody great bike, it's better off road as standard than the 990R was after a fair bit of work. I race a 450EXC and am reasonably competent so know a bit about off roading. I go places easily on the AT that where a struggle on the 990R. It's not perfect, the spokes, switch gear and crap heated grips are annoying but are warranty jobs. As a road bike it's not super fast but it's a lovely engine, it's also a serious tool for munching miles, get a Balzen screen adjuster and some Rox Risers ( I'm quite tall so you might not need these) and it's all day comfy and quiet. Even though it's not that light it feels small and is so well balanced that it gives you confidence off road which is worth 50bhp all day long. I've got sw moto crash bars and a big Bumot bash plate and bark busters and confirm it crashes pretty well, ive tipped off it numerous times off road and so far it's been fine. Ive fitted a termi pipe and rear racks which help protect the back end. Get one.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

cadoganpier wrote:I've got one, I previously had a trick 990R Adventure and a Multistrada plus various others over the years. It's a bloody great bike, it's better off road as standard than the 990R was after a fair bit of work. I race a 450EXC and am reasonably competent so know a bit about off roading. I go places easily on the AT that where a struggle on the 990R. It's not perfect, the spokes, switch gear and crap heated grips are annoying but are warranty jobs. As a road bike it's not super fast but it's a lovely engine, it's also a serious tool for munching miles, get a Balzen screen adjuster and some Rox Risers ( I'm quite tall so you might not need these) and it's all day comfy and quiet. Even though it's not that light it feels small and is so well balanced that it gives you confidence off road which is worth 50bhp all day long. I've got sw moto crash bars and a big Bumot bash plate and bark busters and confirm it crashes pretty well, ive tipped off it numerous times off road and so far it's been fine. Ive fitted a termi pipe and rear racks which help protect the back end. Get one.
Can we have a picture/pictures?
Sounds encouraging.
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

I've got one and. Love it rode through France 2500 miles in 8 days no problems got 6800 on it now sticking button is getting replaced on second service next month spokes will get sorted but nothing major and false neutrals had a couple but I would say lazy gear change apart from that a mile muncher comfy and we love them

Return to “BIKES”